Port List of a differant kind

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snowy, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy Guest

http://www.stengel.net/tcpports.htm

2. snowy

snowy Guest

in the past 90 minutes I have received 139 hits on port 1989 both udp and tcp.....mostly tcp.........finding this very odd I am naturally wondering why.........suddenly the hits just altogether stopped.......really curious now...thus the port list

3. snowy

snowy Guest

I am not able to locate any worth info on this port other than related to dmdocbroker.....mhsnet system...nither which I have heard of before.....
    it strongly appeared as a packet attack....by numerous computers at once.....so just in case...its being mentioned here

4. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Re:port List of a different kind

Hi Snowy,

This is the info TDS has:
    20/1 13:22:48 [PortRef] 1989: TR-RSRB-P3 - cisco RSRB Priority 3 port

Also i've checked my logs and no hits on that port. Sorry i've no more info.

Loki :cool:

5. snowy

snowy Guest

LOKI

Thank you so very nice person......this was one of the stranges attacks I ever encountered...if in fact it was an attack.......
    at first thought it was my isp.....except that it was coming from several areas around the world...an hitting hard...it never did any harm...wasn't able to get in....more like it was an attempt to force a dis-connection...heck on that!!!

6. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Snowy,

Maybe they don't like snowmen :D. Hope they leave you alone, but never let them win. So stay with it. By the way did you get any IP addresses from these attacks to see if maybe there is a pattern.

7. snowy

snowy Guest

Loki

yes...no doubt there are a few who don't like snowman....an maybe this snowman in particular...but hey, such is life.....
    actually I did get a few addresses....but wasn't much interested in them.....as much as what was being used.....

Give-up.....gee, is there really such a thing?? LOL

have not had even one hit in nearly three hours

8. snowy

snowy Guest

Loki

you may find this of interest....using the info you posted I quickly threw up a few blocks...I didn't expect any to actually work......an the ye ole computer is zooming now.....I wont leave the blocks.....since the was a one time incident.....but very interesting
    well going for a ride in the country....seeya

9. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Snowy,

Have fun on your ride :D. Giving up is not in my personal vocabulary and i'm glad it's not in yours. Hey enjoy the day off.

There is no giving up
    There is no try
    There is only DO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.