pop up warnings are back BUT not a virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by larryb52, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

they're back , happen randomly on opening almost any program from e-mail, browser or game, no reason given , just says eset needs attention...

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Check out the following KB Article to only notify you on issues that require user interaction is the way to go.

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

but i want to know when virus database has been updated why can't the program be fixed to just not pop up this aimless warnings??

4. terradon

terradon Registered Member

I've also started seeing the 'eset needs your attention' popups again. Sometimes it happens simultaneously with opening ESS. Like you, I don't want to turn off notifications. I don't allow Microsoft Updates to automatically install. ESS often notifies me prior to MS UPDATE, that there are important system updates to install.

I'm also curious if a popup that says 'eset needs your attention' is different than a notification that requires user interaction. I realize that it's not the same as the allow or disallow dialog that pops up when the firewall is in interactive mode, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.