Please share info & experience on free backup services like these

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by conceptualclarity, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity Registered Member

free storage :
    MediaFire starting at 10GB (up to 50GB) [not clear to me what that means]; 200MB per file
    4Shared 15 GB
    Google Drive 15GB
    Copy 15GB increased with referrals, 5 GB more by downloading the desktop or mobile app
    adrive.com 50 GB; 2GB Individual File Size Limit
    MEGA 50GB; no file size limits
    OziBox 100GB
    SurDoc 100GB; 2 MB file program size; view and annotate 30 documents per month; 10GB per referral
    shared.com 100GB
    files.com unlimited storage?
    Hostr unlimited storage; 20MB file limit upload 15 files per day for free
    filecanyon.com unlimited storage; file size up to 200MB

(Statistics given apply only to free versions of their services)

Please tell about good and bad experiences with these and other free backup services. What is easy to use? What will be good for keeping current with the changes made in your data? Which options are light or heavy on your system?

Please correct any not current info above and give as much information as you can on restrictions such as file/folder size limits with various options.

Also very welcome are suggestions for the best software to automate these kinds of things.

And yes, I will be getting an external hard drive as well! Therefore I don't want to pay for this.

2. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

Please don't forget about Mozy (mozy.com). I've been using it for years and love it! Keep in mind, that the free version doesn't have as much free space as some of the others.

However, at the same time you back up to the cloud, you can also back up to an external hard drive. So, you can set it up to do both at once or chose which one you want to use.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

There's way too many of these, I've given up adding them on PBFSLW (except maybe exceptional ones). Personally using ADrive, Box, DropBox, Google Drive, iCloud, SkyDrive, and Ubuntu One, because I already had them or came with something I'm using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.