Please Help! Server Down!

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by wbb56, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbb56

wbb56 Registered Member

As I write this (11:30 EDT); it's been 21 1/2 hours since I started (what I thought) was a simple, relatively quick resizing of one the server's partitions-the "D" drive. I was simply reducing the size by ~ 10mb to expand the "C" drive. The server went down at 2:00pm Friday and has not come back up. It has restarted once. It is on the same "CHKDSK" screen this morning as it was when I left the office yesterday evening. I spoke with Paragon Tech support late yesterday evening--they said "don't worry, it should be back up this morning, it takes awhile". Well, it's not back up. And NEVER in the past has this kind of operation ever taken more than 60-90 minutes. I'm not sure what to do now. This is a primary server--running Exchange and other important apps--with huge amounts of data. Should I continue to wait it out?? Should I risk a reboot? Please help!!!

Thank you very much in advance.

-William

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.