Please help re trojans

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by lizzieh, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizzieh

lizzieh Registered Member

I have 2 trojans on my pc ..

They didn't come up in an 'alert' and were uncovered during an in depth analysis. When asked to deal with them, no option comes up to delete or clean ... only leave? I tick the quarantine box, but they don't show up in there on completion of scan?

Please can anyone help me ... I'm not too sure what to do as I'm only a novice on a pc.

Below is a description of the trojans:

{B6C071CC-38E8-4C00-B93D-511E961420C3}\Message Store\Attachments\Fees-2008_2009.zip is infected with trojan Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent.OCY. The file can be deleted. It is strongly recommended that you back up any crucial data before you proceed.

{B6C071CC-38E8-4C00-B93D-511E961420C3}\Message Store\Attachments\NorthwestAirlines.zip is infected with trojan Win32/Spy.Zbot.DZ. The file can be deleted. It is strongly recommended that you back up any crucial data before you proceed.

many thanks

liz

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Hi lizzieh and welcome to the forum! I'm no expert on malware and I'm not sure it's permissable on Wilders to offer help on the subject. However, based on the file paths you give, they appear to be malicious email attachments. If the attachments have not been executed (launcehd), then the trojans are at least dormant and not causing harm. Can you open your email inbox and find those messages with the attachments? If so, just delete them both, then delete them from the "Deleted" folder. Failing that, you could also use the Windows search option to find those files, then delete them once found.

Otherwise, you may be better off seeking help at a site that deals with malware removal, such as Aumha.org.

3. prairie dog

prairie dog Registered Member

4. thathagat

thathagat Guest

5. lizzieh

lizzieh Registered Member

Thank you all so much for your replies and advice.
    What a great and helpful forum this is.

fingers crossed for a result ... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.