Please answer me some questions about this perfect antivirus,your faithfull customer.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PantherYU, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PantherYU

PantherYU Registered Member

Ok , for start , let me introduce myself , i am , from recently , very happy user of NOD32 Antivirus system , all other antiviruses , did NOT satisfied my needs , in some way , but Nod DID.What to say , it is just perfect Antivirus.

Ok , i am from Serbia and Montenegro , former Yugoslavia , and as a legal custumer of your perfect antivirus , i have a few questions , for someone from Eset.Thnx in advance.I have bought single licence for a year , and , i can use standard version of Nod32, it is 2.50.25 of course.

Can i somehow , ''tell'' Nod to scan my yahoo mail (my mailbox on www.yahoo.com, incoming mails particularry,because norton antivirus of yahoo , is everithyng but good ,..., sorry that is true),... and if i can , i would like if someone from Eset want to describe me , how to do that .

Can Eset , make Nod32 , on Serbian , (i see there is a Croation version...etc, Croatia was ex Yugoslavian republic) , and is it possible?

Another question about scanning : What is the real difference about ''normal'' on demand scan , and in-depth analysis , do you recomend , in-depth , and how often?

My update configuration is set to , automatically download virus signature downloades , and automatic program update , also , ''choose server automatically''.Is it ok ?

And for the end , i use , for protection , Nod32 , Sygate personal firewall pro version 55 build 2710 , Microsoft antispyware beta 1(resident) , sbybot search and destroy , (not resident),Spyware Blaster ,Ad-Aware 1.06r(not resident) All-in-one-Secretmeter(resident), and i am on cable internet . Do you think , this is a good combination? I have Xp Prof installed , and only Service Pack 1 , because , i really do not like Service pack 2 ..But i use some other programmes , to , ''block security holes'' in Win XP.

Hoping that i will get answers on my questions soon ,

Sincerly , your customer , PantherYU

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Re: Please answer me some questions about this perfect antivirus,your faithfull custo

Hi PantherYU, welcome to Wilders.

I would suggest a run through this thread to make sure your Nod32 is tweaked.

If you click on the link in my signature you will find quite a few setups in regards to security.

Cheers :D

3. PantherYU

Re: Please answer me some questions about this perfect antivirus,your faithfull custo

Well , i have read , your tutorial THIS moment:),it is very gooood! , but , i stil do not know , how to make NOD to scan my yahoo account , pls answer this ?

4. Blackspear

I'm pretty sure you can bring in Yahoo through a POP3 account, check with Yahoo Frequently Asked Questions and you should see POP3 settings.

5. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

6. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Registered Member

I think you have to upgrade to the yahoo plus account in order to get pop access......that's the way it used to be unless it's changed.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

No Yahoo upgrade needed for pop access. I'm using it now. :)

8. Blackspear

Yahoo POP3 settings here.

9. GuruGuy

I just looked in my yahoo email and it's listed as a premium service.....mail plus. There is no way to activate pop settings unless your account is a "mail plus" account.

Sorry, the table didn't pull in correctly, but the first -/+ is basic yahoo account, and the 2nd -/+ is the yahoo mail plus. As this shows, there is a - next to pop for the basic yahoo mail account.

---------------
    Take your email to the max with Yahoo! Mail Plus.

FEATURES YAHOO! MAIL YAHOO! MAIL PLUS
    Spam protection SpamGuard SpamGuard Plus
    Filters 15 50
    Storage 1GB 2GB
    Message Size 10MB 20MB
    Virus scanning & cleaning † + +
    No graphical ads – +
    No promotional taglines in messages
    – +
    AddressGuard™ – +
    POP access – +
    Mail forwarding – +
    Archiving – +
    Send messages from any of your email accounts** – +
    No account expiration – +
    Stationery (PCs with IE5 or later)
    – +

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Basic Yahoo service here using YPops to access my mail. Yahoo also scans for viruses. In addition, a spam filter is available.

11. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I believe that the point trying to be made is that no, you can't do POP as a service from Yahoo unless you have the Plus account type. I think that the point that Blackspear and Ronjor are trying to make is that by using something like YPOPS, you can do POP3 on a regular Yahoo account, without neccessarily having to have the Plus account.

Jack

12. PantherYU

Chiana , and Blackspear, thnx ;) ,...., Yes , it is working allright , thnx for such a FAST reaction ;)
    Untill next time.....
    Greets from Balcans ;)

13. GuruGuy

So, WHAT did you do to solve your initial questiono_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.