Photo recovery software....

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgfalconboy, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I'm looking for something that can read memory cards for phones like the micro sd cards. I'm also looking for something free if at all possible, if not free hopefully not too expensive. My friend accidentally reformatted the micro sd card to her blackberry and lost all her photos and some movie files. I did find some software called Card Recovery that did recover the photos but they wanted 39.99 to actually be able to save them so I held off till I found whether or not there are any good free options out there.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

3. bgfalconboy

Thanks. Think I'll try the PhotoRec as it says it can recover movie files.

4. bgfalconboy

Tried Recuva as I didn't like PhotoRec's interface or gui. It seemed to bring back all the pics that were there. Some of the pics didn't quite come out completely perfect though but most were ok. Not bad. Will have to run again to see if it bring back the movie files that were on the card.

5. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

You may want to try also DiskDigger, which is powerful & free :
    http://dmitrybrant.com/diskdigger

6. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

PC Inspector is the only free software that I've tried that was able to recover deleted photos from a memory card. It won't work with Vista though. I'll have to give DiskDigger a try.

7. BG

BG Registered Member

You might look at File Scavenger. http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm
    Works fine in Vista, will copy to a usb drive. I recovered over 2.5 gig of jpg's with existing folders to a usb drive with no problems. And it's fast. The 49.00 is really steep though. Still hurts. But was my mistake.

8. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

If you look at payware, IMHO, Active@Filerecovery Pro (bundled with Active@partitionRecovery Pro) is one of the best, and may be installed on a usb key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.