Phorm concerns

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Scoobs, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoobs

Scoobs Registered Member

I currently use TalkTalk from Carphone Warehouse for my internet access (here in the UK).

They are one of the ISPs considering signing up for Phorm.

There seems to be mixed messages about whether the policy will be opt-in, opt-out or neither.

What I'm concerned about is that the service will start with out notification.

I'm also concerned that I will have to see out the remainder of my 18 month contract with them before being about to "vote with my feet" about this decision.

Does anyone know how I can keep track of progress, and whether it might constitute a breach of the terms of my contract with them (and thus allow me to walk away)?

Thanks

2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I guess every time you delete their cookie, you will have to opt-out again. but if you start using a VPN it wouldn't matter anymore, would it?

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I guess every time you delete their cookie, you will have to opt-out again. but if you start using a VPN it wouldn't matter anymore, would it? But then again maybe you would start getting advertisements from various VPN's....LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.