Phoenix BIOS update help needed

Discussion in 'hardware' started by simslee, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simslee

simslee Registered Member

Hello,
    Can anyone help? I have a Panasonic CF52 MK1L Laptop with a Phoenix. V1.50L12, 7/18/2007 BIOS which I want to update so I can use the built in PCI E slot and Gobi WWAN modem which are not currently picked up by the BIOS I am told by Panasonic that I need a BIOS 2.00L15 EC 2.00L11 or later so it does exist.
    Panasonic is not going to help unless I ship the Laptop back for a BIOS upgrade ($130+ postage) which is not financially viable and the Phoenix website does not help as their third party suppliers of their BIOS updates say that they do not have an update for this BIOS but I know there is one but I do not know where to get it, please help.

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I cannot find your model number on Panasonic's Download Page.

Attached Files:

3. simslee

It is there but not under BIOS updates as Panasonic does not want to give me one for free, you will find it under driver update please see the attachment.

Attached Files:

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

5. simslee

Thank you for your help, I will give it a try, I am a determined guy but fighting a losing battle at the moment I am on four forums with this spent hours on Google and Panasonic will not help without the $130, phoenix does not reply and BiosAgentPlus says that they have no update this was a US Government laptop and although 5 years old had never been used with zero hours on the BIOS and pristine keyboard, screen etc all I can think is that these items were disabled for a reason but why install them in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.