Phant0m``s Rule-set $v5.0

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Phant0m, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey Folks!

I’m proud to announce the public release of Phant0m``s Rule-set $v5.0, I really like to apologize for any inconveniences…

$v5.0 contains few rules re-labelling, slight Enhancement in the rule organizing, and few additions. It’s been optimized for Dial-up users by Default with exceptions, the DNS rule or rule(s) needs to be configured and activated before usage...

And tailing the new Phant0m``s rule-set releases comes updates to the Phant0m`` Rule-set Rule Definition page http://www.wilderssecurity.info/pg41.shtml. Quick reminder about this page;

* Exact rule ordering
    * Colours used for easy interpation
    - Maroon = Enabled rules
    - Blue = Disabled rules
    - Bolded Blue = Disabled rules that needs to be configured by Default before activation
    - Purple = Allowed packets
    - Mediumslateblue = Denied packets
    * Rule Information

Phant0m``s Rule-set $v5.0 available for Download at http://www.wilderssecurity.info/Phant0m.shtml.

And like always; I’m more than happy to assist with users Problems… :)

2. kamui

kamui Registered Member

thx bro , you'll never stop lol , you said v4.1 would be your last rules ?? ;)

3. manuangi

manuangi Registered Member

thanks, mate! :D I've just upgraded!

Listen...in the past we'd already talked about that...but I want to ask again, as it's just a problem of rule ordering...
    This rule is to avoid Incredimail's calling home...and notifying me about things I don't care about:

http://manuangi.altervista.org/immagini/LnSIncredimailDontCallHome.jpg

Which is the best position for it to be put, among your rules?
    Thank you! ;)

4. flee

flee Guest

Thanks again Mr. Phantom for the help with 4.1!

I have broadband - DSL, will the new ruleset 5.0 be of further benefit over 4.1 for broadband?

5. Phant0m

Hey kamui!

Thanks!
    Yea I said “most likely be…” LOL! If it makes you feel any better, this most likely will be the Last rule-set, at least until Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05 comes out. Any future additions until then will be available using Importable files…

Hey manuangi

It’s cool to verify things…
    Place all Blocking additions just below or above rule “+=microsoft-ds”…

Hey flee

Anytime!
    The answer to the question is yes, further benefits. Just be sure to view-over the download page which explains necessary steps in configuring… ;)

6. manuangi

Thank you! ;)

What about rules allowing my pc to communicate to some addresses? (What position, I mean)
    It's that sometimes the autodownload feature of my antivirus doesn't work, so I browse to eTrust FTP site and download the new .exe signature file from there.
    But, in that case, if I don't "green" this rule, LnS will stop my browsing to the FTP site content.

7. Phant0m

Hey :)

You should find the Information you looking for on the 1st thread of http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13457.... :D

8. manuangi

Ok, mate! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.