PG3.0 + GIANT AntiSpyware Resident?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by LuckMan212, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

Has anyone had any experience running both PG3.050 alongside the GIANT Antispyware Resident Agent modules? (specifically the "System" and "Application" agents... I don't use the "internet" one)

The two seem to be behaving OK for the moment on my system, but I just purchased GIANT and am still learning the ins-and-outs of it. I don't want to bog down my system with un-necessary or overlapping protection.

I was just curious if anyone else was successfully (or un-successfully) using this combo? Thanks! :D

2. donsan

donsan Registered Member

i run giant along with pg 3.5 and have no conflicks at all. good choice of spyware program it works very well. i have only the defaults set for giant and pg stays quiet.

3. LuckMan212

Thanks... I like Giant too. It does have a bunch of UI bugs that I've discovered (I emailed the developers--hopefully they will be fixed) but that's to be expected of a v1.0 release. Overall I like the layout, feature set and speed of it a lot.

The fact that it "plays nice" with PG3 is the icing on the cake :)

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am also running the Giant resident modules with PG 3.05. All works fine.

Pete

5. bch

bch Registered Member

Same here, PG, Giant, along with NAV 2003 and Ewido.

6. Bdiamond

Bdiamond Registered Member

I have had no problems Running PG3 with GIANT, KAV5.0, and Ewido on WinXP with SP2 and all the latest updates. There was no difficulty installing PG on top of this system and it has run without difficulty for almost a month now. It was not necessary to reinstall the OS prior to the PG installation.

7. kwesi

kwesi Registered Member

Hi, people. A quick question, which I hope is not too off-topic. I trialled Giant, & was very impressed. Does anyone here know whether the BSOD bug with Giant scanning & PG protection enabled (which, I believe, DCS, tried to sort out in PG - didn't work for me), has been sorted out?

I'll trawl the forum here & others, & may e-mail Giant about this if no enlightenment is forthcoming. Thanks.

8. Peter2150

I run Giant in all modes real time/scanning and have no issues with ProcessGuard whatsoever. Note latest version of PG and latest paid version of Giant.

Pete

9. donsan

donsan Registered Member

same here no problems at all :rolleyes:

10. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Am I the only one that feels Giant is kind of steep? Now I don't mind paying for something. But $29 for one year for a spyware program seems high. Of course that is just my opinion.

11. Peter2150

Hi Bill

Its about the same as an Anti Virus. Today the spyware is as bad if not worse then some of the virii. All it has to do is protect me once and I am delighted to have paid them for it.

Pete

12. LuckMan212

It is a bit high. but subsequent years are only $19 to continue your updates. This is the price we pay to be secure. A bit like paying the mafia for "protection"

13. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I'm very happy with Giant AS and find it's worth every cent. Good product. Very detailed info regarding malware and very informative SPYNET Community.

Works very well with PG 3.05 although there was a bug with the previous PG version which has now been fixed so make sure you're using 3.05 & everything will go smoothly.

Dave

14. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Dave, I have just bought Giant after 14 days evaluation and, like you, I have had no issues at all with Giant's resident features when used with ProcessGuard V3050.

Cheers. Pilli :)

15. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hi Pilli,

How are you? Good to see you like Giant. It has a few more features than other AS especially the checkpoints which are a fabulous idea.

Dave

16. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.