PG not respecting Permit Always and Ignore Change

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mele20, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

My computers run 24/7. I got on my main computer today to be greeted by a PG alert asking what I wanted to do about a Bit Defender process. PG said it had "changed" since the last time it ran. It was the updater and BD updates every hour. I told PG to allow it and bam! I got a BSOD:

bdrsdrv.sys driver unloaded without cancelling pending operation.

I booted up and checked PG's logs for today:

05:51:28 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender update service\upgrepl.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender update service\livesrv.exe" [1996]
    [EXECUTION] Commandline - [ "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender update service\upgrepl.exe" ]
    05:51:31 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\softwin\bitdefender9\vsserv.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender update service\upgrepl.exe" [3680]
    [EXECUTION] Commandline - [ stop ]
    05:51:33 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender scan server\bdss.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender update service\upgrepl.exe" [3680]
    05:51:37 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender update service\livesrv.exe" was allowed to run
    12:34:22 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\common files\softwin\bitdefender update service\livesrv.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "Unknown Process" [3680]
    [EXECUTION] Commandline - [ start ]
    12:34:22 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\softwin\bitdefender9\bdnews.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdnagent.exe" [1504]
    [EXECUTION] Commandline - [ "c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdnews.exe" ]
    12:34:22 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\softwin\bitdefender9\bdnews.exe" was allowed to run
    12:34:23 [EXECUTION] "c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpsvc.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe" [1852]
    [EXECUTION] Commandline - [ "c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpsvc.exe" /embedding ]
    12:34:23 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\softwin\bitdefender9\bdnews.exe" was allowed to run
    12:34:23 [EXECUTION] "c:\program files\softwin\bitdefender9\bdnews.exe" was allowed to run
    12:34:26 [EXECUTION] "c:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe" was allowed to run
    [EXECUTION] Started by "c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe" [1144]
    [EXECUTION] Commandline - [ c:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe -embedding

From 5:51AM, until I got on the computer at 12:34PM, evidently that PG alert was sitting there preventing Bit Defender from updating every hour.

Event Viewer said this:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Save Dump
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 3/28/2006
    Time: 12:38:59 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MELE
    Description:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000ce (0xa5fa0f92, 0x00000008, 0xa5fa0f92, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032806-01.dmp.

All BD processes are set in the Security tab to "Permit always + ignore change". So, why did PG not ignore the BD change? How do I prevent this in the future? BD frequently changes. Are BD and PG not compatible in this latest version? I didn't have problems like this with the older 3.15 version.

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

there are problems with bitdefender's updating process.. as you have seen, you can experience BSOD's from the updating process, but much more commonly it will kill bitdefender's realtime scanning..until you reboot..

i have only heard one person say that they did not get BSOD's from bitdefender's updating process, and i question that considering that everyone else has said that they did get BSOD's from it, including myself..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.