pg log

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by the mul, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Can u please help me, since pg has been installed from the first version,i have noticed that when i try to load up any software cds, that it is blocked from loading.
    In the log of pg it says,d: drive start.exe is blocked from creating a global hook and also e:drive start.exe is blocked from creating a global hook as well.
    I have been trying to find start.exe to add it to pg list and allow global hook, but cannot find it anywhere, it only appeares in the prefetch.
    If i put a dvd film in the drive it will play ok, or a music cd it will play in media player ok, but as soon as u try a cd like the ones i get with microsoft magazine, or other ones that display programmes to download or try, if u right click and select autoplay a warning from pg list tells u start.exe is blocked from creating a global hook, and each time u try to get the cd to load more messages appear telling u the same thing.

I did not have this problem in the past,and anytime i put in my cd software programmes, it loaded without any problems and u just selected what u wanted.
    I just want to find [start.exe] and get this problem fixed, as i have dial up, and downloading programmes from disk is much quicker than the internet.

Hope u can help

The Mul

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Mul, I get this,
    26 Feb 21:56:09 - [DRIVER/SERVICE] c:\windows\system32\services.exe [876] Tried to install a driver/service named autorun
    26 Feb 21:56:46 - [DRIVER/SERVICE] c:\windows\system32\services.exe [876] Tried to install a driver/service named autorun

With a pop-up "H device fffff" if i want to run say Start.exe or setup.exe. I just diasble general option 3. Block Service and Drive/install - If I know that the CD / DVD is clean. :)

You could probably "Allow" for services.exe but I am not sure that is a good thing to to permanently.

HTH Pilli

3. the mul

Hello pilli, what i should also have said as well is, that even if u disable pg, and try to run the cd, u still have the same problem, and when u activate pg u have about 10 or 20 lines telling u that start.exe is blocked from creating a global hook.
    In other words even if u disable pg, the problem remains, and all the attempts that u have tried show up in the log, is this not strange even with pg disabled.
    I would also like to know can u not add start.exe or is this not possible to add to pg list.

sorry, i am still learning and have only have about 1 years pc experience.

the mul

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sorry, I am not experiencing the same problem here. It may be an idea to post a copy of your protection list using "Save Potection list" + show the text of your log file with relevant events.
    Or if you do not want to post them here send them to support@diamondcs.com.au for analysis.

Pilli

5. the mul

This is an example of what i mean, i tried to autoplay the cd 4 timesand the log shows this.

26 Feb 16:55:26 - Process Guard Protection is ACTIVE
    26 Feb 22:58:46 - [HOOK] d:\start.exe [1780] was blocked from creating a global Keyboard hook [00000002][00000000]
    26 Feb 22:58:49 - [HOOK] d:\start.exe [1836] was blocked from creating a global Keyboard hook [00000002][00000000]
    26 Feb 22:58:57 - [HOOK] d:\start.exe [1848] was blocked from creating a global Keyboard hook [00000002][00000000]

the mul

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You can add the file D:\start.exe into the PG Add programme box list providing the CD/DVD is in the drive. Once in the list you can then give it the nessary allows.
    I have just done it with a programme disk addiing the setup.exe as shown in the drive folder list :)

7. the mul

Thanks pilli, you have done it again, and now everything is great once again.
    The problem was i could not find start.exe to add it to pg list, but did not think of putting in the cd and then finding it which i did.

Thanks again and your help is most appreciated.

have a nice day as well

The Mul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.