Perhaps you could help me with some questions?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Generix, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Generix

Generix Registered Member

Hello TDS community! :)
    I have owned TDS for several months now, yet I am still new to the program, partly because I have not tried to get any of my questions answered. I find TDS to have a strange parallel to mIRC; loads of unknown features, a wealth of questions, and an alien surrounding. I can only hope that it will not be as time consuming or addictive. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me with some of my questions that I have. I apologize for any questions that have previously been asked that I have missed.......

1) I was wondering if there was any scripting resource so that I might be able to learn how to script in TDS. Being an intermediate scripter in mIRC, I realize the potential and pricelessness that scripting can provide.

2) I am having problems working with the poorly documented IRC Scanner plugin. I can connect to a room and recieve a list of users, but from there I am not sure what to do next. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3) Is there any way to modify, add to, or delete some of the greet messages? I would suspect that some sort of scripting would be needed for this.

4) The PC speaker beeps are only for it you do not have a sound card installed, correct? Otherwise, a nice beep or audio alert on a trojan detection would be dandy.

5) I think this has been previously addressed, but I am still not clear on how to schedule scans using either the command line or Window's built in scheduler. Anyone have any ideas?

6) Where would I be able to find a complete list of the commands that can be entered into the main TDS window?

I'd like to thank you in advance for your patience, knowledge, and any helpful input on your part.

By the way, let it be known that I am using WinME, which was spawned directly from hell from no other then the evil Bill Gates himself. Thankfully, I will be installing Win2K within a matter of days, so it might be better to treat these questions assuming that's what I'm on.

Thanks again folks! :D

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Generix,
    SWelcome to the good addiction family!
    Expect to get addicted you even forget altogether about mIRC, you might like to use the TCP connect with another operator as your private chat channel or other ways we posted about in the private forum over a year ago.
    I suppose you also grabbed the free MirClean from the free tools at DCS?
    For the basic configuration the instructions FanJ posted in the sticky thread on top here is a nice help, although you might find your own refining.
    Further has TDS so many options and uses, only limited to our own imagination.
    Walking through the threads here and in the private forum you'll get some more ideas.
    Not exactly, at the moment you best look in the VB help MS is providing on their knowledge pages as VB has lots you can do in SS3 as well, be it that in SS3 more is possible.
    You see some examples in the scripts which shipped with TDS in the Scripts folder.
    In the private forum at times people feel inspired to work on scripts again with nice results.
    I've seen some mIRC scripting examples, generally spoken rather impressive! And scripts working nicely from TDS to mIRC.
    I hope somebody can. There are a few lines in the Helpfile.
    You can switch them off in the Configuration > Options > uncheck the friendly greetings at the right. We can't modify them. But of course you can script in SS3 something you like and maybe a timer with that.
    Might be, and you get a spoken warning in case of intrusion, if you're scanniong yourself or something would bypass your firewall.
    In several scripts posted in the private forum voice is used for many other things, also for connection requests etc.
    In the private forum somebody is scripting on it. There are seveal options to look at it, so let's see what it's up to there :)
    Hmmmmm i wonder if there ever will be a complete list, with so many possibilities. This really is a question for Wayne i guess, he might be able to give some ideas. I guess each VB command will work there as a line command.
    The scripting part and all that will be the same, but you'll notice lots more options (results) in the scanning among others with your new w2000 system! Wish you good luck and happy rebuilding your system!

3. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

Hello Generix,

oh, it will. better give up that hope right now :p
    The only good thing about it: As you can use it to replace mirc (well, with some more scripting at least), that won't come out as twice the addiction/time consumed... :D

I have to correct Jooske on that: It's vbs you're after, not vb. Basically ss3 is a superset of vbs, that means that you can take plain normal vbs/wsh programs, rename them *.ss3 and load/run them in TDS. There are only a few differences. First: there are additional possibilities (new commands like resolve; new objects like xTimer and xSocket. and i think - but i'm not sure - that in vbs you don't have to use a sub main procedure to get it all started while in ss3 you have to (maybe not if you intend to "run" the script instead of "load" it)).
    A good starting point for learning about ss3 is the "Scripts/Examples" Subfolder of your tds installation...
    Or you can search the private forum for some links to scripting resources, but that will cover only vbs - ss3 is proprietary and unfortunately there's no helpfile to it (yet).
    Which also responds to your question
    You can enter any vbs/ss3 command. But there's no list of them (yet).

AFAIU, the greetings are hardcoded into tds and cannot be changed. Maybe you can take something like
    Code:
    Call Addline("Greetings", "Hi, this is a personalized greeting message!")

...and make an autostart script of it (or add it as a task to schedule.ss3 - see below.)
    (You know that you can at least change the tips.txt from your tds dir, don't you?)

Just a few days ago, i finished the schedule.ss3 script. There's a thread about it (how it's being used etc.) at the private forum (ss3 section) and you can get it
    here.
    (Basically, the best way for now is to setup your preferred scan as tds's startup scan and schedule tds to reload at specified times (either by that schedule.ss3 or with Window's built-in scheduler).)

HTH,
    Andreas

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks for the correction Andreas,
    can't find the downloadable users guide, only online this moment:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/reconintroductiontoregularexpressions.asp
    Lo0oking further as i ever d/l it after Gavin posted that recommendation in the SS3 treads in the private forum.

5. Generix

Thank you Jooske and Andreas for such informative responses! :D

I'm sorry to hear that TDS will be as or more addictive then I had previously thought. That's a risk that I think I'm willing to take, however. Along the note of replacing or forgetting about mIRC? I tried this once, but subsequencely went through a period of serious withdraw that had me playing minesweeper and solitare for hours.

And today, I remembered two more questions ;)

1) How can I 'reset' the autostart log to avoid getting the 'Change in autostart detected' notification after making sure that the change was authorized?

2) I wouldn't suspect that there would be anyway to change the color of the background or text and possibly the font of the text, would there? I know it's wishful thinking, but it would be nice.

Yes, I did, but my eXtreme script doesn't seem to want it to run properly.... :(

Oh yes. I am all set with the basics of the program and its configuration.

Thanks for the helpful information on scripting. Perhaps a help site might be created by someone in the future. It does boggle me how you guys learn of the features and commands if they have more possibilities then vbs can offer and have little to no documentation o_O. Anyways, I will be looking into vbs, and hopefully will catch on shortly.

I thank you guys again! :D

6. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

Hi Generix,
    Q.: How do I unload a script from TDS?
    A.: From the TDS-3 commandline:
    Code:
    ResetSS3

Q.: How to disable the autostart script option?
    A.: Also from the TDS-3 commandline: Either
    Code:
    ResetSS3Cfg

or
    Code:
    xRegisterStartScript ""

Technically, the main window is an rtf textbox, so you can colour your text by inserting some formatting in it:
    Code:
    Call AddLine ("Colours","3= \plain\f3\fs18\f3 This is light aqua")

(This is from the "AddlineColours.ss3" in TDS-dir\Scripts\Examples\Interface...
    And you can format your background with:
    Code:
    RT.Backcolor = RGB(200,0,0)

HTH,
    Andreas

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For the changes in Windows autostart we will be really happy to see which it was in TDS-4, so then i don't mind to see a reminder for one i autorised :)

8. Generix

Again, thanks for the insightful replies you two :)
    Off I must run...several things must be done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.