penicillin 2000

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 5151, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5151

5151 Registered Member

Does anyone know if penicillin 2000 expires. It came on my sony laptop automatically but I do not know if it is still running.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Welcolm to wilders, 5151

Your post is not very clear:

1. Has the PC-Cillin been on your Sony laptop for over 12 months? If so, your annual license has run out and you need to renew.

Sony had made a deal with Trend Micro to ship PC-Cillin as the AV on that particular model and in general the software license is for 12 months only, from running the software for the first time. Did you register the program with Trend?

2. When updating were you not informed that your license was out of date? Trend generally send you an e-mail well in advance to renew the license.

3. PC-Cillin is now up to version 2003, so you may think about updating.

With some AV's you can still manually update the virus definitions free of charge, but I do not use PC-Cillin so I cannot state whether this is the case.

If it has not been updated for awhile it is not offering you much protection against present day malware.

There are some expert PC-Cillin users here who can offer you better advice than I can but if you can provide more details this would help in solving your problem.

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi 5151 :)

ONe way to check is to try an update, open it up, click on Updates, and then try to update, if it's expired, it will look like it's updating until the very last when "installing" when it will simply come up with an error [forget what it says]

Anyhow, your post asking is it still running certainly confuses me, as does this mean you have never updatedor checked it by asking is it still running? :)

If it came with the laptop and it's 2000, it's certainly out of date. Upgrade to 2003, it's worth the effort. Personally I would uninstall the old first, download 2003 [purchase it same time also] and install that, then follow instructions on 'Registering' it [Licence/Register Key is NOT the serial No. ID]

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.