Peculiar Update Balloon behavior?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tetranitrocubane, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetranitrocubane

Tetranitrocubane Registered Member

Usually NOD32 will update virus definitions regularly, and when it does so, will show me a popup balloon on the taskbar alerting me to a kernal update. This is fine. I appreciate seeing these, and I want to continue to have them.

Unfortunately, lately, when NOD updates itself it no longer shows me those messages. Instead, it will make an audible queue (the same as when it finishes a scan), but it will not show a balloon and instead it looks as if nothing has happened. If I open the control center manually, there will be a popup dialog box that tells me the kernal has been updated, and I have to manually click OK for it to close the dialog box.

Silent Mode is not enabled. Balloons are set to expire after 300 seconds. I don't think it's an option I have enabled on NOD?

Is this peculiar behavior something to worry about, or is it just a fluke? Also, is there any way to get the balloons back? Thanks.

2. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.