PCTools Spyware Doctor at 40% Discount

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by vijayind, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

PCTools Spyware Doctor will be available at 40% discount (i.e) $17.97 on Bit Du Jour on 20 March 2009.

For details go to:
    http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/spyware-doctor/

2. playa4life

playa4life Registered Member

cool,i have a 1 year key for SD, but i got it in a free promotion :D

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I wonder if you are aware of Pctools Spyware Doctor's history ?

The first official release of version 5 (in reality a very bad beta) was terrible, I wasted many hours trying to fix things, and in the end the only recourse was to reformat my harddrive and install everything again. Without the SD of course.

This and some other things, including a somewhat shady auto-renewal (not present in earlier versions!), made me decide to NEVER buy a product from Pctools again. Bad business ethics.

That Pctools has been acquired by Symantec hasn't made things better.

But, out of curiousity, how is the real-time and on-demand protection of the current version ? I understand that the first official release of version 5 was extremely resource hungry, and this was partly to blame for the problems.

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I would be a bit pessimistic of any security program that claims that it "has clearly proven itself to be the leader of the spyware detection and removal. It offers world-class protection against spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, identity theft, hijacker apps, phishing sites, and many more threats, all in real-time."

The reality is that some are better than others and none of them are perfect.

5. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

PCTools' Spyware Doctor's realtime protection is sufficient. I've had no problems running it on my desktop PC. It plays nice with the PCTools' own Threatfire behavior blocker and the company's Browser Defender toolbar in Firefox.

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Not a deep enough discount. These days we're seeing 100% discounts... top notch security apps like firewalls and sandboxes and anti-keyloggers being given away for free. I grabbed a couple ZoneAlarmPro licenses for free, and there have been plenty of offers for quality software for free that I have passed on. 40% off isn't good enough. Just my 2 cents. :thumbd:

7. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Not interested in Symantec "goodies"...

8. coathanger007

coathanger007 Registered Member

www.dailypcdeals.com.au are offering the 3 PC license of multi award winning Spyware Doctor for only $25AUD. This is 50% off the RRP. The offer ends on 30th April.

9. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I used to be a crusader for SpywareDoctor. Until strange things started happening to the boxes that it was installed on. I'm sure if someone did a search, you will see me rambling on about how terrific the app was. In the end... see below

I sent them a nasty e-mail suggesting deception. Their reply was that I will be taken off their mailing list and not to worry about an auto-charge to my credit card.

IMO, SD is a perpetual Beta

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.