pcpitstop problem

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by culla, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culla

culla Registered Member

i've used the pcpitstop scan for the last 3 years now for some reason the activex control says its installed but it will not run i've been to their forum and done the restore thing ewedo thing i have no spyware or virus and all the other sites ie windows update,trend micro etc work fine so i then tried it on another comp and the same thing it just keeps looping around trying to load the pcpitstop utility

i've had my hjt log checked its fine

i even set security to low turned off firewall avg spybot and even uninstalled spyware blaster and spyware guard

checked activex works fine except with pcpitstop if anyone can check it out here http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/
    thanks[by the way i and the other comp are xp pro with all updates]
    please let me know if it loads for you

2. culla

culla Registered Member

bump anyone please help me sought this out:)

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Which scan are you attempting to run and what other info\warning message is given ?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

have u tried running in safe mode? In IE, also got to the tools menu and click on Manage Add-Ons, make sure the activex for pcpitstop is enabled and try checking for an update.

5. culla

culla Registered Member

its the full test i'm trying to run activex in downloaded program files says its installed but when trying to run the test it says it could not load pcpitstop utility and tries to download it again i have not tried in safe mode as it is an online scan. i know their forum recently got hacked and i'm wondering if the pcpitstop site got hacked too?
    is anyone here able to run the test if so its at my end please let me know if you can thanks:)

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just checked your Link for PCPitstop....works fine for me......

Cochise,:cool:

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u have broadband u can select safe mode with networking and it will let u browse the web. anyways, the test starts for me tho it freezes IE when i get detecting internet upload speed. try clearing ur IE cache and go to internet options and on the general tab where it says temporary internet files, click on settings then click on view objects. delete the pcpitstop activex. if this doesnt work then try posting rather than just viewing their forum. im sure they can give u much more help esp. if u post screenshots. hope this helps

8. culla

culla Registered Member

ok it worked fine today i changed nothing so i guess it was at there end thanks for all help:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.