PCLOS 2009 beta released...

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Longboard, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Most of PCLOS is based on texstar's implementation of Mandriva tools afaicr.
    I cant 'boot around' atm to post any screenies but from a subjective pov as a raw noob the PCLOS control centre, and the distro itself, worked better ( for me) than the Mandriva releases prior to Mandriva 2009.

The user friendliness of the PCLOS cc and distro was a revelation at the time.

The other cc i really like for 'simplifying' wrt to Slack anyway is in Wolvix.

From my observations, the big distros really went to work on their GUI cc's in the most recent releases. The 2009 Mandriva for instance I now regard as a very polished release even with KDE4.x

Even Puppy 4.1 has a recognisable and useable cc

Just my subjective observations re ease of use: I had ( have :) ) a lot of catch-up to do with config files, CLI, text editors etc etc when I started from scratch, which is why I have a lot of affection for PCLOS and ease of use stemming from that cc...

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I understand you. I was just making sure i got it right. You said "Control Panel in PCLOS is prolly the best of the genre in LinuxLand for non cli meisters" when it's not even their creation :rolleyes:
    Anyway, i understand that what is appealing is default configuration and tools :thumb:

3. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.