PCAcme not detected

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by charak, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charak

charak Registered Member

I am running a ewido 4.0 trial and I was going to buy it but yesterday Norton detected the spyware PCAcme.B in my system. I was running ewido (updated) few minutes before norton antivirus and it didnt find anything wrong. The same happened running ewido in safe mode. So now I am really disappointend and confused about the reliability of ewido. Any comment?

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

What exactly did Norton find?

What were the full file paths of the items it found? (you can find that info in Norton's records section).

According to this, PCAcme.B is a Keylogger that must be manually installed:-

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-070915-4229-99

It's not clear from what you've written whether you had the full blown Keylogger, a trace from a previous installation, or a false positive on an innocent file!

3. Cindylu

Cindylu Registered Member

I can only tell you that twice in the last year I have had a trojan horse on my computer that Norton did NOT detect but Ewido DID.

For that reason I run Norton Internet Security 2006 and Ewido (manual update and scan). They seem to be compatible for me and Ewido seems to catch things that Norton doesn't.

Cindylu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.