PC Welt ESET Smart Security 5.0 Test by AV-Test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by King Grub, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

You can continue your discussion at the ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta section.Not here.

2. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Alright.Maybe what Marcos meant by "Fully Functional" is the entire functionality of the HIPS feature including the interactive mode as well.

3. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Like I said, the cloud is just backend. You are not supposed to see it. What do you want to see to be convinced it is functional? Popups with "connected with cloud to find data about file.exe" on every action you perform?
    The system is entirely different from Hitman Pro's cloud, in fact Hitman Pro's cloud is unique. With Hitman Pro you upload files characterised as suspicous by the behavioral scan, which have not yet been uploaded. If the files are already known in the cloud, it also works invisible to the user in Hitman Pro.

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Not true. You can see Hitman state "Checking cloud".

5. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

So if Hitman Pro would state "Checking Pippa Middleton's ~ Snipped as per TOS ~." Hitman Pro would be a Pippa Middleton's ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ second-opinion on-demand scanner?

What I mean: it doesn't make any difference what is stated in the GUI. Work is done in the cloud in the background by ESET. Just like I never saw Panda Cloud Antivirus display anything about the cloud, or Prevx (not that ESET's ThreatSense.Net is comparable to Panda's Collective Intelligence or Prevx' cloud, more to McAfee's Artemis or BitDefender's cloud or Kaspersky's Security Network I think).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.