PC Tools Firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by noway, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Dear Jim:

Try signing up on their laboratory forum http://www.pctools.com/forum and asking your question there

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I have only seen this once, it was due to the auto update still running at closedown. Try:- Disable the auto update in the firewall.

3. Cap'n Kirk

Cap'n Kirk Registered Member

Tried it with and without auto update and still hangs at shutdown. Will post on the PCtools forum and see if anyone over there has experienced this problem.

Kirk OUT!!! :D

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

What are these updates? Is this version update or components are upgraded?

5. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

New one out now Updated version !

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I only see the older 2.0.0.24 release am I missing something?
    Are you stating it was an update?

7. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

the "New version" thread is here: http://www.pctools.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

it is still 2.0.0.24
    they did update the English help file and another one (I forgot) through Smart Update, but that's more than a month ago... other than that it's still 2.0.0.24

8. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

Now, there's a new version. Through Smart Update, it's now 2.0.0.25.
    I don't see it available for manual download, though, in the PC Tools website...

9. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

There's a thread in their forum that has a link to the changes. With some of the recent Comodo Pro bashing, maybe more people will give this one a try.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  10. lookcity

lookcity Registered Member

PC Tools Firewall Plus 2.0.0.25 contains fixes to issues found in the previous version: These include:

1. BSOD after reboot PC (found in our test labs) resolved.

2. Minor Bug fixes.

11. duke1959

Yeah, that one. LOL. Thanks lookcity.

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks lookcity.

13. duke1959

aigle I already thanked them. LOL. I wonder though if wireless connectivity problems still exist? I don't see too many problems in the PC Tools Forum about it, but I'm still not sure if the PC Tools Firewall is ok to use on a wireless PC.

14. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

It should be OK, there where a number of additions for ethernet made some builds ago.

15. duke1959

Hey Stem, good to hear from you. Thanks for the info and take care.

16. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi duke1959,
    I did mention to you(some time ago) I was going to check on this, but must admit the hardware is still at the supplier. I do need to pick up a new motherboard and chipsets tomorrow, so will also pick up the wireless cards. I will install tomorrow and check on this for you. (plus, I can recheck on if my neighbours have got around to securing their wireless :ouch: :ninja: :D

17. duke1959

That would be great. You know how I like to play around with various programs, and had Blink Personal Edition on board until today. It seems like a very nice program and i liked it a lot, but I decided to wait until the new version that's due out later this month to use it. In the mean time I just wanted to install a lightweight Firewall to use with Prevx 2.0, although I know I really don't need too. At the moment I don't even have an Antivirus installed, can you believe it? Anyway I would use Comodo Pro, but with Prevx 2.0 I think PC Tools will be ok. I'll wait until I hear from you tomorrow though before installing it, and thanks.

18. saddletramp

saddletramp Registered Member

hmm? after reading most of the pages in this particular thread, it's been discussed here and at the other forum.

i've been using it on 4 of my machines for s few months now. i get that shutdown error just sometimes on all machines. have auto anything always unchecked (except auto start, being as it's a firewall!).

one thing that seems kind of odd is that i can't share files between computers unless i have file and print sharing allowed/checked in the internet zone, in both adaptor settings and advanced rules? that shouldn't be like that, should it? being checked in trusted zone, is where that setting should be, and only there.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.