PC-cillin Internet Security 2006(screenshots)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sher, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Well, this is kind of a difficult statement. Personally I've very bad feeling about Vista (besides it will take to at least August 2006 before it hits the stores). I think deciding on the beta's and Microsoft's reports I'll never use Vista as my primary os. Vista for me will be the time to chance to Linux as primary os.

Why so? Well vista will break support with many old hardware (especially old videocards). Vista will support with lots os system releated software... Wich means you've to buy plenty of updates, or replacements. Also it's butt-ugly (but that's personal) and will be draining lots of system recources just to run your os.

Just my opinion, and sorry for off-topic, and possible faulty spelling, it's late here (3:33 exact) and still working :doubt:

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

One quick question. I thought the new OS was supposed to be called Longhorn. When did they change it to Vista?

Now back to Sher's PC-cillin IS 2006 thread. :)

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Longhorn was the internal beta name and was not representative of the final name.

4. Graystoke

Ahhh. Thanks Firecat.

5. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I didn't know this before today... but "PC-cillin 2004" was actually the proud winner of PCWORLD'S "Best AV Product of 2004!" I didn't even use that version.

In an other REVIEW by CNET, it was declared the best Internet Security Suite of 2005 ahead of Norton and Mcafee.

Anyway, I'll surely question the credibility of that site(AV comparitives) due to many reasons.

I also went to that guy's forum, and was actually shocked to find out that "PC-cillin 2005" was the only AV product, which was missing from his long list comprisng of even some unknown names. That's enough for me to understand that he probably has some issues with Trend Micro.

Even in his chart, the "OVERALL" score of PC-cillin is 92% which is very good!

He surely looks a huge fan of Kaspersky and Norton.

P.S. Plz, no off-topic discussions here. Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  6. Firecat

Y'know, I've used a lot of AntiVirus solutions, but PC-cillin is not better than McAfee or Norton or Kaspersky as far as malware detection goes. But that does not mean it is bad. Trend Micro improved their detection a lot in the past two years, and I believe there may be room for more.

PC-cillin is very popular because it offers a lot of "bang for the buck" - AntiSpyware, Firewall, AntiSpam and AntiVirus at the price of $49.95 (US) is a good deal indeed (and thats exactly why PCC is ahead of NAV and McAfee in the "OVERALL" regard).

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Trend won those awards because of features per dollar, not detection ability.

8. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Norton is a malware itself. Mcafee has some serious issues.

Trend is the only product which doesn't give false-positives. This has been proved. Probably, that's why, its detection is poor, according to you GUYS! LOL!

9. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I think this topic better can be closed. This discussion is useless... I won't day PCC is bad, but it's not as excellent as you clain it is neither. The detection is nothing special (and no, this falses positives thing has nothing to do with that).

Personally I found PCC a kind of dragging on system recources. But that's diffrent on every system ofcource. It's a nice product for on a "joe's family pc" but it's not in the same category as Kaspersky for example. Again, not said it's a bad product because of that.

10. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Well,

I saw TM 2 years ago and recently I tried their Anti-Spyware, that found a false positive.
    I've waste a lot of time searching a way to send the false positive in their website.After typing a lot of questions and finally I sent the file.
    I never had an answer from them.
    And I never going to try anything from Trend Micro again.

11. Firecat

Well, two years back, their virus submission service was so unresponsive that they would take months to give you an anlysis of your submission. I would have expected them to improve by now, especially since my recent submissions had quite some nice responses.....seems not all users have the same experience :doubt:

12. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I think support for their Anti-Spyware is provided for another company.
    If you buy a company, you have to keep the good work.
    If you can´t trust their Antivirus, can you imagine another products created by another company ?
    I´d like to receive a normal support.
    I´m trialing KIS 2006 and it found some trojans that my antivirus until today can´t detect.So I sent an email to them and I received a great support.:)

Lucky you to receive an answer :)

Best Regards,

DonKid.

13. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used pc-cillin since ver.2000 and I also have trendmicro internet security 2005 which I removed just the other day and put my Norton internet security 2005 back on for the simple reason that nortons detection rate is much better than trends and Nav av 2005 runs much lighter than trend also.

bigc

14. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

cher id love to know why mcafee has serious issues?? I've been using it for month now find it great!! I use to be like u loved trend but It missed a few trojans going back mcafee is better at finding them...;) Pc cillians GUI grabbed me i guess But i have been so wrapped with Mcafee 2006 and its antispyware it found stuff that Msoft had missed...all in all i'ts the best I've used so far..R MD

im sure i got seperation anxiety from pc cillian took me a while to get rid of my 2004 lol

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  15. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

16. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

IMO YOU are the serious issue.....:rolleyes:

I can't take you serious anymore, you don't know you are 'talking about...:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  17. bigc73542

Easy on the personal remarks guys, lets keep it civil. ;) bigc

18. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Back in the day, Norton was great - Infact it was the best.
    I won't comment on anything these days since I stopped using it when 2002 was released :)

19. bigc73542

Norton version 2005 is a really great improvement over the older versions. They are so much better in the lightness on resources as compaired to the older versions and the detection has been improved to cover the newer malware crawling around the web. Over all probably around a 300% improvement in my experience. You can even uninstall it with out hoseing you comp.;)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  20. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

BigC ok, i've edited my message;)

21. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

I configured all AV to NOT show information when viruses is found. The rules are:
    virus found > desinfect > IF not possible, quarantine and delete
    My AVs do it withou any information to me... And I like it...
    Kaspersky is configurable too... to show the information or not...
    I'm using eScan now, but Pc-CIllin is a very good AV... I will try IS 2006, but other version are very good... But I think Kaspersky is better...
    My opinion...

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Only AV that has this automated process designed with pure perfection is avast!.
    That yellow/red popup line above taskbar is the most genius thing ever seen in any AV. Especially useful when using Silent Mode or Repair if not possible Delete/Quarantine options. Does the job silently and displays notification in most non intrusive way.

23. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

2006 TrendMicro is now posted on their website.

24. Firecat

Always right on spot. They always post the info every year at October 31 in my Time Zone (I've observed for three years now :D)

BTW, not all websites have been updated with the new download links, but in the global TrendMicro site, when you download the trial of PCC, you'll get the 2006 version.

25. Graystoke

I just installed the new TMIS 2006 about a half hour ago. I upgraded from TMIS 2005. Installation, basically the same as TMIS 2005, went smoothly. Configuration is just about the same as with TMIS 2005 with just a few minor changes here and there. GUI is nice. The firewall is the same as TMIS 2005. No strain on my PC during startup and browsing. So far I find it to be about the same as TMIS 2005. No big surprises. Nothing that jumps out at you. A nice solid AV. I'll keep it on my PC for few days and see how it goes. I also purchased NAV 2006 a few days ago, so I have that to check out also. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.