Patch Tuesday Windows Update Problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I broke the rule on all three of my Windows XP Pro PC's: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

After doing the Windows Patch Tuesday "Critical Updates", I decided to do most of the "Optional" Windows Updates.

IE8 now opens with an error (when opened out of the Sandbox). IE8 seems to work after the Updates, but if I click on Windows Update in the Toolbar I get the error "Error number: 0x800A0046"

The "Best Solution" to this problem is to "Restore an Image" and don't add any of those "Optional Windows Updates".

Attached Files:

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I checked all three PC's and only two of them have the problem. The problem was most likely related to very numerous NetFramework Updates on those two PC's.

I have already restored a two week old image to one PC and performed the "Critical Updates". The problem is gone from that PC.

4. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I had no problems with my monthly Super Tuesday Windows 7 updates this morning. :thumb:

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

No problems with windows updates here.Ive never experienced any issues and the only optional update i received was for the bing toolbar which i have hidden.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.