Password

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by Dan, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Guest

File Checker is requesting a password in order to open though I did not set one up. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. hardhead

hardhead Registered Member

I had a similar problem but just a little different from yours. I installed the program and setup a password and my German Shephard *puppy* got a hold of the paper that my password was written on. It took me three hours to get this figured out. I uninstalled the program and found that I had a folder with with the File Checker program only still there and the startup icon which was in my system tray still appeared also. I was able to delete the icon in the system tray by going to registry and deleting the following. HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run File Checker
    HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run
    File Checker

On the right hand side is a list of everything that the registry is set to start when windows starts. BE CAREFULL. Don't delete what you don't know about. One wrong move and you could stop your system from booting entirely. [glow=red,2,300]Be sure and make a backup of the registry just in case you make a mistake.[/glow] Then I deleted the folder that File Checker exe. was still in. After that I did a system restore to a previous date and reinstalled the program and presto, I was able to enter a password for the program. I hope this helps you or anyone that has any password issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.