Password Recovery Help

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by BGCEC, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BGCEC

BGCEC Registered Member

Hello, I'm looking for a little password recovery help. I took over a postion here at my job and part of that is a computer lab for kids. I did not receive very much information on the network here...kinda just pushed in to the job. I need help recovering the password for my returnil because the provided password is not working. Also, the person that set up the computer lab no longer works here so his email will not be valid when I try to do the password recovery.

Tried to do the "contact us" email, but it keeps saying error when I try to send. At wits end here because I don't have a lot of time to work on this in between my other duties. Thanks in advance.

o_O

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi BGCEC and welcome to the forums :)

Shoot us an e-mail at support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com with the following and we can get the password reset from our end:

1. The Installation ID for the specific client (preferences > advanced tab)
    2. The License Number (product key)
    3. The e-mail for your predecessor even if it is no longer valid and the name the software was originally registered under

Mike

3. BGCEC

BGCEC Registered Member

Ok, thank you for the reply. How exactly do I find the installation ID and product key? I'm walking into a system that has little to no documentation and I cannot find that info. I cannot get into the preferences tab because I am locked out.

Sorry if this is explained elsewhere in the forum, I did do a search but don't have time to look through the 40 pages of results.

Thank you for your time.

4. Coldmoon

Hi,
    See your PM for the alternate information I can use to search the database. I use PM for privacy reasons and not to obscure the resolution for others interested in the thread.

Q1. The installation ID is at the location you are unable to locate so we will need to move to alternate information to construct the search string to locate the client in the database.

Q2. The License Number would be in the original purchase confirmation letter. As you describe walking into this situation as an outside tech, you may not have access to the information so the alternate information would be of use in this scenario. Also, if the client is a registered free version, you would not have the LN as that is generated and assigned in the background by the server so would not be specifically known until the client was located in the database.

Let me know and will go forward from there. As the alternate information is not as specific as the Installation ID for the client, I will need to verify with you that I have located the correct client and then get your permission to unlock the GUI remotely.

Mike

5. daystar

daystar Registered Member

I have the ame problem. I found thet required information easy but I keep getting this error, "Purchase details are invalid." My link on my password window for the reset password keeps giving me this message, "Not Found, The requested URL /r/mc-clnpwd-recover was not found on this server."

6. Coldmoon

Hi daystar and welcome to the forums :)

See your PM and we can go from there.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.