Password of the backups is wrong

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by endurit8032, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endurit8032

endurit8032 Registered Member

Hello together

I'm using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation.
    I create a daily backup which is protected with a password. We wanted to browse the backup today. I need to enter the password. Howerver, it will not be accepted. I have made a backup with another passwort after that once again. This password is wrong, too. Only backups work correctly without passwords. The backups that we had created are now all useless.
    Is this a bug? What can I do?

best regards
    Michael Rieser

2. endurit8032

endurit8032 Registered Member

please help.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

What is the build number of your program? Do you perform the backup/restore operations under Windows or under Acronis Booting rescue media?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. ByteSmith

ByteSmith Registered Member

I'm experiencing a similar issue; details follow:
    I manually (not scheduled) create Acronis backup images with Acronis True Image Workstation from a Vista 64 notebook to a share on a Vista 64 workstation using the password-protected backup option.
    I recently found that I could not access the backups to read the files in them from my notebook. Acronis requested the password, and after I enter the password, it endlessly cycled through asking for password again. I updated to latest build (8,206) and can now access the backups from the originating notebook computer. However, I CANNOT access the backups from the workstation where the backup files are located even though I also have latest build on that system. I get the endless loop of Acronis asking for the password. I'm concerned that when the inevitable day comes and I need the backups, I may not be able to access them to restore my system.
    *On a smaller note, when a password dialog pops up, the focus is normally set to the password input box so that user can begin typing the password. The password dialog for Acronis requires user to click in the password box before typing password.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ByteSmith,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Use the following workaround to resolve the issue:

1. Uninstall Acronis True Image and all its components through Add or Remove Programs (Start -> Control Panel);
    2. Remove the /Program Files/Common Files/Acronis folder;
    3. Open Windows Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit) and remove the following subkey:

o Windows 32 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis
    o Windows 64 bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Acronis
    4. Reboot the machine;

5. Reinstall Acronis True Image.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.