Partition Manager 11 Free lost my hard drive space

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by nkchri2, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkchri2

nkchri2 Registered Member

I was using Partition Manager to create a new partition on my 500g hard drive. Only about 130 GB of space is used so far and I wanted to create 2 equal partitions. The first time I used the express mode and just did the create new partition in advanced mode. The computer performed the operation but when I got back into windows there was no new partition, but windows says my main C drive only has 225 GB left now... So I went back into Partition Manager and went into the full service mode and partition manager shows the drive still has 465.7 Gb in the main C drive and no unallocated space. So from the main program I just told it to resize the partition down to 200 Gb and leave the rest unallocated space and not try and create a new partition. The operation went through this time again with the same results, windows only shows 200 Gb on my hard drive now, yet partition manager shows the full 465.7 and still no unallocated space. How do I fix this?

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

What does Windows disk manager show? A 200 GB disk?

3. nkchri2

In administrator tools > computer management then the storage folder..... in disk defragmenter windows only shows 200 GB for the C: drive, but in disk management its not even showing at all. Just picking up my removable drive and cd-rom. And actually while looking into this, I just noticed that in the device manager under disk drives my hard drive isn't there... I'm guessing that might have something to do with it.

4. nkchri2

ALSO:

This is a custom build computer and I think I forgot to mention this is a SATA hard drive. I DID install all the nForce drivers and they are updated. Device manager also DOES show my Nvidia nForce SATA Controllers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.