Partition Grayed & Created ATI Bootable disc

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rasmond, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rasmond

rasmond Registered Member

Something to share with my experience with ATI. Is a bit long , try to cut it short. Using ATI 8.0 full version.
    (1) After several try creat bootable disc using wdormann methods,referred t o this link https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=48186&page=1&pp=25 . His methods was very simple & easy. finally able to boot. Some tips try using cdw disc & read frm CDROM is faster.Just follow the step.
    (2) Had try several times burning image directly fm ATI.Verify image corrupted, Try image to HD then used nero burnt to disc same corrupted .Finally try using nero 6.0 & it work.But the problem is I,ve 2 HD partition into 2 part .C (primay),D (logical) under 1st Hd, G (Primary), H (Logical) under 2nd. If I restore image thru windows Xp using Image frm HD, I can see all patition. If using bootabe disc to restore Image I can only see C-pimary the rest partition gray. Change to a new HD-part into 2 cannot see all patition can,t even restore at all. For me the purpose of Image to disc, when HD spoilted or Xp cannot open . Then using Bootable disc to restore image frm A New Hd.
    (3) Finally I,ve came to a solution ,Maybe I,m wrong after several weeks of troubleshooting. regading the linux system arranging the patition table (frm bootale disc) same as Dos.2 Hd into 2 part. it go like this 1st Hd Partition C-pimary, E-Logical. 2nd HD 2 part D- primary , F- logical. So You noticed my previous HD arrange in XP was 1st HD C, D. 2nd HD G, H.
    (4) I try redo the image 1 more time but before that boot into Admin & re arrange the HD part letter table same as linux C,D,E.F. Then boot to windows xp erase the 3 disc previously created & reimage all over to prevent wasting my time I only burnt the 3rd image & try if can then continued the 2 image. And it "WORK " very happy .I can see all my 4 Partiton frm 2 HD using the bootale disc during restore image. ( Main Purpose)
    Just something to share.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rasmond,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I just want to thank you for all the provided information.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.