Partition Expert > 300 GB post True Image Rescue

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by mramsden, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mramsden

mramsden Registered Member

I just fixed a SATA RAID problem with True Image, downloaded earlier today.

Thanks! You pulled my fat out of the fire.

It has left me with a small problem...

The background:

I had cloned a RAID 0 array (2 x 160 GB) to a single 300 GB drive, switched the SATA controller (SiI to Nvidia, in an A8N-SLI rig; Nvidia is supposed to be faster), and hoped to clone back to the new SATA RAID 0 array. Unfortunately, neither Ghost 9 or True Image work with the current Nvidia Nforce4 chipset (yet). Worse yet, (although told by Symantec Tech support that it would work before I started all this) I could not not restore the original RAID from the 300 GB drive.

I was however, when I finally discovered True Image, able to copy the clone back to the original SiI (3114 chipset), although I had to rerun WinXP install after the clone back, to make it work, but at least it did.

Only problem is that because it came back from the 300 gig drive, the partition was set to 300 gig as well, with 18.64 gig left over as unallocated.

I don't want to set it as a small partition...

so.. can Partition Expert reclaim this and make the 320GB raid back into one partition? If so, I will download that as well.

Thanks for any info..

..Mike

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, mramsden

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

I should work in Windows, because it will use to Windows drivers that you have installed, but I am not sure if the BootCD will work with your chipset. [Ti does not as you know]

You can have Windows enlarge the Partition to it full size, with the use of the Diskpart command.

If you do not not know to use the command, you will find it in the Disk Management help file>Concepts>Using Disk Management>Managing disks and volumes from the command line.

Hope this is of some help.
    Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Yes, you will be able to perform the operation. Just increase the existing partition so that it included the unallocated space. After that you will be asked to reboot the computer (since you are changing the system partition) and the operation will be performed then in Windows native mode.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. mramsden

mramsden Registered Member

Thanx...

Unfortunately, it's the system volume, so diskpart won't work.

Re PE: Just what I needed to know.. from what you say, it DOES work on the system partition.

Next download from Acronis!

Mike

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.