Parental control module?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Firecat, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hello everyone at Eset :D

As the thread title says, is there any plan for integrating some sort of parental control features into ESS in future? Its not an essential feature for me but I know some people who would like such a feature in their suite. :)

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

I personnally wouldn't like that.

If users want a parental filter software, they can go and find one. It's not really "security" software, and I wouldn't like ESS to be bloated with it, or it should be de-selectable at install time, to avoid taking useless memory space, disk space, and CPU cycles, for a feature that's utterly useless for people who don't have children, or are the only ones to use the computer.

3. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Entirely agree. There are plenty of very good Parental Control apps out there. No need to re-invent the wheel or add it as an unnecessary feature to ESS.

4. gderreck

gderreck Registered Member

The whole idea of a suite is to provide a broad range of protection for the user without forcing him or her to go out and buy several stand alone products. Just because you may not have kids, or sensitive information, or browser popus; doesn't mean everybody else has to buy into your philosophy. I think the idea of having a feature rich product where you can opt out of modules during installation is the right one. Of course, I don't have to write, maintain and support the product. But if ESET thinks that marketing a bare bones application at a price comparable to the market leaders will work, they may be disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.