Paragon System Backup 2010 released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Chubb, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

is it a paid upgrade?

3. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

^ It is a separate program from there main line of drive backup utilities. It does not have a lot of options available as compared to their drive backup pro. I tried the release candidate of SB 2010 and was not impressed. Of course, since I use hard disk manager pro so I was comparing it with that.

I am still waiting for a 2010 edition of their hard disk manager pro (or drive backup pro), hopefully they will add an incremental imaging option in it, as well as make the scheduling process more customizable.

4. firzen771

ah ok, but this one seems to have some sort of rollback rx like feature that sounds pretty cool?

5. Raza0007

No, it is just a regular imaging software.....

6. firzen771

well what is this then?

7. Raza0007

I have no idea, when I tried it (the RC built) a month ago, it was just a imaging software primarily designed for a novice user. It had simple options like which drive to image, where to store the image and scheduling options, but nothing else. You can make an image in three easy steps, but it lacks the advanced functionality of their mainstream drive backup line.

The quote from the website you included applies to an imaging software too. Paragon likes to call this "imaging based on snapshot technology". It is nothing more then legal deception.

It has an option to exclude media files on your boot drive, so the image is essentially only of your system files etc, and they call it a lightweight snapshot. Since most advance users do not store media files on their OS partition anyway, so they will not benefit from this.

You can try it of course, who knows, maybe they did add snapshots tech between the RC built and RTM built. But I doubt it.

By the way, why does the Paragon logo on their website has spiders on it (one is having a siesta, the other is bungee jumping). Does anyone know?
    Edit: Never mind, apparently it is because Halloween.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  8. firzen771

well a while ago ther was a beta for a rollback like feature coming from paragon, ther was a thread on it here but im not sure wer it is, idk if it was put into this version or what theyre doing with it tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.