Paragon SYSTEM Backup 10.5

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by janetb, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janetb

janetb Registered Member

How can I make a mask to exclude E:\DOWNLOADS? The setting options seems to want only files, and not folders, in spite of the fact that the dialogue windows says "files and folders". When I put in "E:\DOWNLOADS" (which is 130GB) as an exclude mask, it doesen't change the size of the required space at all....:-(....How do I write up a mask in order for the backup to know that it should exclude the Downloads folder on my E drive (which is a regular folder in E:---I do not use libraries)?

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Hmmmm, I wonder if this compounded by younger folks who never used DOS and similar OSes? Using *.* and variants was as common as using the Windows' START button. :)

4. janetb

janetb Registered Member

Thanks. I'll give that a try and report back. You've done it a bit differently from the way they did it in the other thread....Should it be \* or \*.*? If either, isn't the shortest the best?

5. janetb

janetb Registered Member

Either younger or very old, like me (64 years old) who didn't get a computer till way after DOS....:)....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.