Paragon Rescue Kit - no "Burn to CD", limited registry access...

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by ralws277, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralws277

ralws277 Registered Member

I was recently really excited to see Paragon's offer of their Rescue Kit at GiveAwayOfTheDay, as it seemed like it would be an excellent all-around aid in case of hard disk problems.

I was disappointed by two things when I used the (Linux) rescue program:
    1) According to the notes on the product, the File Transfer module was supposed to include a "Burn Files to CD" option, but I could not find that anywhere. Screenshots at the Paragon web site show three options for storing transferred files, but the actual software was missing the third option, which was the "Burn to CD/DVD" option. Is there any way to save files transferred off the damaged drive to be written to CD with this edition, or was that deliberately left offo_O

2) When I looked at the Registry Editor, the only key that was accessible was the HKEY_USERS key, and under that, only one user sub-key was listed (and it wasn't even MY user key!). Was that the way the program was set up to be, or is that a bug??

Thanks in advance for shedding any light on these problems...

Robert

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

The Linux Rescue Kit disk unfortunately does not support file transferring to CD/DVD. The WinPE cd which is available with the retail version of Rescue Kit has this feature. Alternatively, you can transfer the data temporarily to a USB flash or external hard drive no problem.

Regarding registry editing, by default it will load the first available hive. To load your specific user profile, go to File > Load Hive > and navigate to your Documents and Settings and User folder, and load "NTUSER.DAT"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.