Paragon Drive Backup 9: I/O Fault error

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by InfinityAz, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Recently installed Win 7 64-bit and used Drive Backup v9 to make images. I had to restore one of the images and after rebooting and starting the restore process I get the following error from Drive Backup: "Hard Disk 3: I/O fault".

Disk 3 is the USB disk used with ReadyBoost. The only way to get past this is to remove the USB disk, reboot the machine, and restart Drive Backup and the restore process.

This is the exact same hardware and exact same configuration used with Vista 32-bit. In this case, Drive Backup always worked well and there was never any issues with disk 3. The only change is switching to Win7 64-bit.

BTW - The disk is fine. I've actually swapped out the USB disk and swapped ports with different drives (including a brand new drive (never used)) and am still having the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello InfinityAz,

Operations in startup mode especially with 64bit and Windows 7 doesn't surprise me with some sort of problem.

Some quick checks: make sure you are running the latest build of DB 9 SP 2 that supports Windows 7.

"Hard Disk 3: I/O fault" sometime means the drive was disconnected or interrupted.

Also, if you are restoring, there shouldn't be any reason to restart unless the destination location has a page file or in use. If it's in use, on the screen that asks for a restart or retry, click the bottom left hyper-link to see which operation is preventing the operation from completing in Windows.

3. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Running the latest version from your web site (see below):
    • Paragon Base Services Library, version 1.1, build 8681 (29.07.09 )
    • hdm.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081
    • biont.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081
    • biont.sys, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081

Also, I have to do a hard restart because DB locks the computer once the error is displayed. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

It can come down to a faulty flash drive. Windows might overlook it but possible bad sectors? Have we tried running a chkdsk /r ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.