Paragon Drive Backup 2010 Special Edition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by RayHenry, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayHenry

RayHenry Registered Member

Giveaway of the day deal. Installed on my XP SP3 system. First reboot after that, the system starts acting up. Everything loads normal up to the end of the splash screen at times, then get a crazy checker pattern instead of the desktop. Other times, the XP splash screen dims right out and hangs. Once in a while, the screen simply goes blank after the splash screen. Swapped video cards, as this appeared to be the problem at first look. Still the same, and that video card works fine testing in another system. Attempting to boot safe mode, it hangs after loading hotcore3.sys. Onaly changes to the system for some time prior to this issue was the install of the above software. Where do I go from here? Thanks.......

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello RayHenry,

I'm not quite sure what's going on here with the checkered patterns, but to be safe, can we boot into safe mode and uninstall the program to see if the problem is resolved? Sounds like there's a driver issue.

Keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.