Paragon DB 10 Workstation changes Win7 BCD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MrJoe, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJoe

MrJoe Registered Member

Hello alltogether,

I have a BartPE-CD with Paragon Drive Backup 10 Workstation (in german). Everything seems to work fine, but Drive Backup 10 modifies the boot manager (BCD) of Windows 7. How can I avoid this? I just want to have a 1:1 restore of an image without modifying either the restored partition or the already existing partition.

Why is this an issue for me: I have 2 primary partitions with Windows 7, which I select via Acronis OS Selector. This Boot Manager is capable to hide the other primary partition from Windows when you boot. Example: in case you boot partition 1, then partition 2 appears in Windows as unused space.
    But for backup and restore situations I deactivate the boot manager to see the primary partitions during backup. Now it's bad, if Drive Backup changes the BCD entries of any Windows 7.

I've already changed the following line in layouts.ini, but this doesn't seem to be enough:
    Code:
    Do not correct boot.ini files = on
    Has anybody an idea, how to avoid any automatic change of the BCD by Drive Backup during a restore of Windows 7? I just want to have a 1:1 restore of the previously backuped partition.

Regards,
    Joe

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi Joe,

Good question, would also like to learn the answer.

Best regards,

KOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.