Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite and SRP/Win7

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Cazandros, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

Hello,

can Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.0 Suite handle with the "System Reserved Partition" (SRP) from Windows 7? Or do I need to repair the installation of Win 7 after restoring with the Win7 DVD?

c.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Cazandros,

Once you restore the 100MB "System Reserved Partition" and the OS, you shouldn't need to run Windows 7 repair. Also be sure to backup the MBR. In the event that Win7 doesn't boot up the first time you restore, I find the Windows 7 DVD automatic repair quite resourceful to fix boot problems.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

Yes, Paragon can make a backup image of the SRP as well.

You can make a separate image of SRP, or backup the o/s partition and the SRP at the same time. Just tick the appropriate boxes in the what to backup window.

As Tommy says, f you restore them together, Paragon should update the bcd entry for you if necessary.

If you like, you can create the boot critical files on the o/s partition as well.

To do that, open an elevated command prompt, and type (assuming the o/s partition is C: )

bcdboot c:\windows /s c:

then press enter.

Close command prompt.

Then all you need to do to make the o/s partition into the "System" partition is mark it Active.

Hope it helps.

4. Cazandros

Cazandros Registered Member

@Paragon_Tommy: Thank you for your answer. I tested the recovery a few times today and had to use the Win7 DVD automatic repair option. But it's ok and works very well.

@SIW2: I will take a look to your suggestion. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.