Paragon B&R Home 2012 - files missing from restore view

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by comtrjl, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comtrjl

comtrjl Registered Member

I created a backup from a USB stick and chanced to examine the archive afterwards. One particular source directory ('Documents') contained 3 subdirs and 9 files. In the Restore view tree control, where you select files to restore, only the 3 subdirs and 3 files were visible. One .doc file, one .jpg and 4 .txt files were missing. When I restored the whole directory, all the files were there.
    This was on WinXP 32; I also examined the archive with HDM Pro on the same machine with the same result and on Win7 64 with HDM Suite 2012, again with the same result.
    No includes/excludes were in effect.
    If I mount the archive as a drive letter, everything is there. It seems to be a cosmetic problem with the tree view, but not being able to select individual files is a pain.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Edit: further to the above I repeated the original procedure on Win7 using HDM 2012 Suite and got the same result - 6 files missing in the tree view. I then tried copying the USB stick to the hard disk and doing a File and Folder backup with B&R Home and this time all the files were visible and could be individually selected. Weird.

bob

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.