Paragon B -R Free 2012 SSD/USB/Linux - some questions

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Swordfish_, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swordfish_

Swordfish_ Registered Member

Hello,

I am considering choosing Paragon B-R 2012 for now and have some questions, just to make sure:
    - I am planning to back up my SSD drive Windows 7 partition to another physical HDD in the same system, preferably through cold backup, using USB as a recovery media, is this possible in Free edition?
    - will B-R re-align my SSD partition after recovery from image?
    - will it support the newest SSD based on Indilinx Everest chipset? (eg. OCZ Vertex 4)
    - I also plan to install Linux distro on a second partition on my SSD, is it possible to backup/restore Windows partition in a way that Linux bootloader will be intact after recovery? (Ubuntu/Mint)

What I actually need is a reliable tool to make backup / restore of the whole system partition, withoud any need for incremential / specific folder, file backup. ect. but with bearing in mind that I prefer to use USB as a recovery media and do cold imaging (btw. is it possible to do cold imaging in a pre-boot enviroment in B-R Free 2012, ir. without using USB stick).

EDIT: moreover, will it be compatible with HDD controler included in the Intel X79 chipset?

Thank you!

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The first thing I will tell you is that the BR 2012 Free is a Windows based utility regardless of whether it can recognize your linux based partitions, also there is a linux based recovery media which can be created it is however hard coded for hardware support which will allow you to create a cold/offline backup of the entire drives or partitions. You can refer to the link below to compare editions

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/comparison.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.