Paragon B&R 2011, Need some help in restoring from recovery mode.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Aurum, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurum

Aurum Registered Member

I recently replaced my laptop and backed up the old one using Paragon B&R onto my USB HDD.

When I got my new laptop(no OS installed), I booted it up in recovery mode with my USB flash drive but it doesn't recognize my USB HDD in recovery mode so I cannot access the backup archives.

Am I doing something wrong? Can I not access archives on USB HDD in recovery mode? What do I do?

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

When you Pressed F12 to boot from your recovery disc, did you see your USB drive listed then? If not you may need to use the option of loading drivers for it using that feature from Tools on your recovery disc once it loads.

3. Aurum

Aurum Registered Member

Yes, I did check for that, and yes it does come up in the boot menu. Both my USB flash drive and hard drive show up and so does my laptop's internal HDD.
    However, inside recovery mode, I can't access my USB HDD for the archives.

EDIT: Interesting, I changed the USB port and it recognized my HDD. *looks stupid*

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Don't know exactly what you did but it could be the recognition was caused by plugging in the drive after it was running (if that's what you did) rather than using a different USB port.

5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

It appears that the issue is related to modern USB-3.0 ports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.