Paragon Adaptive Restore

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by pandlouk, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

I tried paragon adaptive restore to see how it performs with a completly different hardware.

I restored an image of windows 7 made from my acer laptop with an intel T7500 (dual core processor) to my parents old pc amd athlon xp 2500+ (single core processor), nvidia chipset), and it worked great. :thumb:

The only problem that I cannot find a sollution is that even though all the devices are recognised and all the drivers are ok, every time the computer boots windows 7 displays the screen "Setup is preparing your computer for first use".

Do anyone knows how to fix it? (after several reboots and playing with every option of the msconfig I cannot find a way to make this boot screen display go away).:doubt:

Panagiotis

edit: I found where the problem was. I restored the following registry keys to their defaults and the "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" message is not displayed any more. :)

Here is the reg settings that need to be imported/restored to the registry
    Copy those lines in a text file change the extention from "txt" to "reg" and then then use the reg file to restore them.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

That's great to hear it worked. Did you do a simple adaptive restore or did you have to inject new drivers. I believe if you went from a SATA/IDE to the same type, Windows will startup fine without injecting the other drivers. Only the most essential drivers needed is necessary, ie hard drive controller if applied.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Just out of interest, I used the Used P2P function on my Vista partition.

I was booted into 7, and pointed the p2p Wizard at the Vista partition.

I booted into Vista , and it informed me it was installing drivers. Worked perfectly.

I didn't have repeated "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" message.

Not sure why that happened to you.

Thanks for the .reg file - may be useful if anyone else gets the same anomaly.

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

I did not have to inject any driver but I performed the same test to a raid array on the other machine of my parents(I injected the driver there) and it worked like a charm.:thumb: :thumb:

@SIW2
    it seems to be 7 glitch.

Panagiotis

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Panagiotis,

Just to confirm - you are right.

It happens to me too.

"Setup is preparing your computer for first use" message at every reboot.

Only with 7.

Your reg fix does the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.