Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1 Beta Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brocke, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

i noticed that also. but i think its been reported, id hope so.

EDIT: in Windows 7 32bit i disable the AV and it shows the red 'X' .

2. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

3. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Browsing in IE/IE based browsers is slowed down dramatically, notably in google images. I tried to put the cache folder in the exclusions to no avail.

BTW, does selecting a folder in Exclusions also include the subfolders? When I select a folder and expand it, the subfolders aren't selected.

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

im not having any slow downs at all. could be a conflict between ur other software maybe.

5. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

After testing with Process Monitor, I've discovered it's a conflict with MSTDefrag's real-time defragger. They appear to be fighting for access to the jpg files as they're saved to disk.

There should be a way of excluding file types like jpg, in any case.

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

did you report this ?

7. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Actually known issue. Should be fixed by final release.

Actually this is a known issue as well (sometimes PCAV is stopped but tray icon appears ok). Should be fixed by final release as well:
    http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/ann.jspa?annID=50064
    I mentioned that PCAV was stopped during the youtube test as in minute 2:54 of the video it shows how he opens PCAV and the AV is stopped and then he starts it.

Thanks for the info. We'll look at it.

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Yes :)

9. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hi All,

Today i have tested Panda Cloud AV (Beta) with 838 malware which i have collected from 16 April 2010 - 30 April 2010 from various known shady sources. Out of 838 malicious software, Panda Cloud managed to detect 684 out of which it neutralizes 654 and rest 30 left to neutralize manually...

So Current Detection Rate is 81.6 %

Quite Impressing though.

If Pedro wants to test my samples, he's very much free to PM me. :)

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Any comparison with any other AV software you are testing with this sample set?

11. AvinashR

Sorry for the late reply !!! I was actually sleeping because my eyes were paining to much...:ouch:

Yeah i have tested it with very new comer Zillya AV 1.1, It detected only 441 malicious files out of 838.

Detection Rate:- 52.6%

12. AvinashR

After Scanning the missed samples again, Panda Managed to block 50 out of 154.

Neutralized:- 7

Not Neutralized:- 20

Blocked:- 50 (Including Neutralized and Not Neutralized Samples)

So Collective Intelligence is working great here...!! :)

13. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Thanks for the missed files Avinash.

I'm running them through our engines here and out of the 156, at least 65 should be detected by PCAV. Can you export the PCAV log and send it to me please?

14. AvinashR

Hey Pedro,

I have just removed it from ma system. Sorry for this. After the last scan i did, it able to block 50, out of which 7 Neutralized and 20 Not neutralized...

I guess Collective Intelligence is working here....

15. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Just tested PCA against three new rouge AVs and it failed to protect me on all of them. Tested again 15 minutes later with the same result.

16. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Checked the beta's performance against a rogue antispyware and it allowed it to be downloaded in Firefox and executed in Windows 7 64bit. On another test, MSE caught it right away. Beta is beta but I expected a little more detection and less additional features.

SourMilk out

17. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I second that. Crappy detection... and even after run the first time, shouldn't "the cloud" detect it 6 minutes later on? I tested the same malware 15 and 30 minutes later and still got infected. "It takes C.I. literally under 6 minutes to analyze and classify a new file that it receives" - http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=51101&tstart=0 . 6 minutes is absolutely ******** and a lie, it seems. Luckily I am no ordinary user and Panda can't get away with this statement. I dare to say it is a very deceitful lie, as a normal user would think the file was 'clean' after 6 minutes and get infected. Bad Panda, very bad.

18. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Every AV misses some viruses, you can't yell at Panda for missing 15 samples for that is a small amount. Also it says 6 mins for files it receives so please submit the file to Panda so the CI servers can receive the file.

19. shadek

shadek Registered Member

"One of the main pillars of Panda Cloud Antivirus is its real-time use of Panda Collective Intelligence, which is an online from-the-cloud system that automates the entire malware protection cycle; collecting new samples, analyzing, categorizing, creating detection and disinfection routines and delivering the protection to each node." http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=51101&tstart=0

So, Panda states that submiting files manually isn't needed, and yet claims that new files are automatically classed as malware within 6 minutes if they really are malware, or else they're whitelisted. So my point stands. They are clearly lying and being deceitful to the users, as you're likely to get infected with their program, if you believe in the 6 minute period.

20. guest

guest Guest

Probably they dont lie, and the answer is quite simple: CI didnt detect the file as dangerous, yet.

21. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Panda does not collect every file you run through Panda cloud AV because that is a huge privacy risk. I think it only collects files if they are detected as suspicious (I may be wrong on that but that's how I understand it)

22. shadek

shadek Registered Member

How is a rouge AV not suspicious? All executables that not have been seen before in the cloud are suspicious.

23. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

If Panda Cloud detected every file not seen by the cloud before as suspicious we would have tons of FP. I don't know the whole inside for PCAV but like all other AV's they still sometime need people to submit samples.

Please submit the files to Panda also: http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/ann.jspa?annID=50059

24. guest

guest Guest

Fot do that, and upload all the files they would need more bandwidth than google

25. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

This comment seems to be based on the assumption that the rated security status of a file is binary: the file is good, or the file is malicious. In reality, there is a third state: “uncertain.” In my opinion, every file that is not known to be good/malicious should be (temporarily) flagged as “uncertain" -- an outcome that is quite distinct from a false positive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.