Panda Cloud and Firefox search

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by WSFuser, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I recently noticed that when I tried searching from Firefox's address bar, I would occasionally get a blank page with the text "No site configured at this address". Although performing the same search in Firefox's search bar worked fine. In my attempt to troubleshoot, I found that the problem seemed to only occur when I searched for a single word.

I had a suspicion that Panda Cloud was causing the problem however since I was using Firefox Portable and I didn't have any addons relating to Panda, I was doubtful. Nonetheless after uninstalling the url filtering portion of Panda, my searches were back to normal. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I find it a shame that I had to uninstall a portion of my antivirus.

2. Pirate_fin

Pirate_fin Guest

I had similar problems and uninstalling url filtering solved it.

I really like the url filter and hope they can fix these bugs in it.

3. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Offtopic:
    Is panda cloud blog site compromised? When I access it, IE11 warns me that the site is trying to run adobe reader plugin though there is no pdf opened. Also IE smart screen filter is blocking the offline installer for panda cloud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.