Panda Cloud 2.1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

i also haven't receive the upgrade. i remember, version 1.5.2 also didn't upgrade automatically to 2.0.0, i had to do it manually (after almost 1 month of waiting).

2. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

Source: Panda Cloud Antivirus Blog

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Could provide a little more info on this? I'd like to let you know that Panda does not scan .txt or .rar files. I believe these formats are downloadable from the eicar website?

4. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Same here, on different installations and locations.

/E

5. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

Yes, they have .zip and .txt (not .rar). I noticed these formats weren't scanned, so that's not what I was referring to. I redid the test and here's how it went:

I downloaded the eicar.com file, and Panda only warned me about it when it was already in the destination folder. Maybe it is because Panda won't scan by filetype but only by extension. If I do the test with Avira for example, the file will be blocked in the temporary folder, while it's still with the .part extension.

Then I downloaded several times the eicar.com file. After a few tries, the eicar.com file wasn't deleted on detection anymore and remained in the destination folder, albeit it was blocked and Panda requested a restart to clean the "infection".

So I guess this is basically a question of how Panda detects, that is, it only scans certain file extensions. However, wouldn't it be possible that the viral code is downloaded in a .txt file and a "clean" .com or .exe runs it? Would Panda detect it in that case?

6. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

same happened here some time ago.

7. Vilmalith

Vilmalith Registered Member

So with this latest version there is no way to get rid of the upgrade to pro prompt, or am I missing something (wasn't getting this previous to the update)?

8. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

get this...

Even the PRO version has spam asking to upgrade to pro!!! Not sure what is going on with these guys, but give me a break. Nothing but spam, even with pro, but the scareware tactics are pretty lousy if you ask me.

9. Vilmalith

Vilmalith Registered Member

So, I got an answer to my own question. Apparently the links for the free version were pointing to the trial version. Same for if you downloaded the pro version, it was also pointing to the trial version. Hence the constant nag to upgrade to pro.

They say the links are all fixed now, this was as of 12/10/2012.

Link for the free version:
    http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/#!/free-antivirus-download

10. Bodhitree

I like PandaCloud, but it's uninstaller is crap, like Bit Defender it leaves traces everywhere.

System Inspector says Panda is still installed. I used their own special uninstaller, still says it is installed. I used REVO to monitor install, then uninstalled, still says it is installed. I did the same with Advanced Uninstaller Pro, still says it is installed.

Whats upo_O

11. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Just noticed a problem between Panda 2.1 (Pro) and FileZilla. (FTP client)
    First time, when I launched FZ, computer froze.
    Second time, I launched the same apps than before, but one at a time, slowly.
    As soon as FZ was up, PC froze again.
    CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't even work!
    Next time, I'll disable the firewall before I start FZ to see if it's the culprit.
    (I have been running FZ since a long time, I'm just running Panda Cloud since a short time)

12. Bodhitree

I ran into fairly similar freezing issues with Panda, to the point I uninstalled it after purchasing 5 licenses. Not too happy, but not a huge deal as I paid $2.50 per license off Ebay. Still..

My problem with most AV's is quite simply - they have some impact on the system. Running linux most of the time I can say it's about 100% faster doing most stuff to the point it feels remarkable. I believe most of this is the fact there isn't any overhead with Linux from other products - like AV's. Windows is painful for me, and only needed for games.

Nevertheless, I am always seeking 'extremely' low impact AV solutions, and may eventually resort to on-demand scanning of everything I download combined with RollbackRX, and give up the realtime protection.

13. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Tried putting filezilla.exe in the Firewall Process control exclusions: froze still.
    Upon reboot I deactivated the Firewall altogether: froze still when I launched Filezilla.
    Will remove Panda now...

14. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I've noticed that ALL antivirus/security vendors are incredibly sloppy. No wonder security software is basically No.1 for causing system wide problems when NO installer cleans everything after itself. Some leave less than others but they all leave loads of junk behind, system drivers still loaded even after several reboots etc etc. And yes, that applies even to avast!. From the looks of it i'll have to make my own cleaners for every damn app out there. So far i've made for avast! and Kingsoft but i already have internal versions for AVG, Comodo and Panda Cloud. Have just tried Roboscan and i bet it will leave loads of crap behind...

15. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Could you please post a screenshot with the spam on the Pro version?'Cause i'm looking on my Panda Pro now and i don't see anything like you've described.

Attached Files:

16. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Update:
    It seems the problem was with that FZ build.
    I installed WSA after uninstalling Panda Cloud, and had the same freezing issue.
    I updated FZ and it's ok now.
    But I'm keeping WSA. (had bought an AV license several months ago)
    Sorry for this, Panda!

17. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

So basically it sounds as if its best to stay away from Panda for now?

18. Bodhitree

Pandacloud is fine.

19. JoeBlack40

I'm using it for about 6 months now without any issues whatsoever.:thumb: If someone has problems,doesn't mean that everybody does.Install it and try it for yourself if you decide to.

20. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

When I used it off and on the only issue was slowdowns when I used it alongside some other resident av. And this is OK as it is designed to be the only av.

21. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

Me too, no issues whatsoever.

22. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

23. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Good to know guys. Its for my kids laptop. Trying to decide between this and another product.

Thanks.

24. JoeBlack40

Don't know if it was already discussed or not,but here it goes.Why Panda doesn't have some sort of "autopurge" function to delete files that there are no longer in the system?There are plenty of them in Panda's executed program list....

25. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Are you talking about detected threats? If so, go to advanced settings, clear the recycle bin and clear warning and reports. Both of which auto-purge after the specified time period. As for the executed programs, I'd imagine the clear button would suffice, but I agree an auto-purge feature here would be helpful.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.