Panda AV Platinum 7 email scanning not working

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sard, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sard

sard Registered Member

Despite having enabled permanent email protection for all files incoming, outgoing and compressed, Panda doesn’t detect any of the test emails sent from http://www.testvirus.org.

I’m using a pop3 account with the Mozilla Thunderbird email client. If I try to execute the eicar test files attached in the emails Panda detects them, and if I run a full system scan Panda detects the infected attachments, but the pop3 scanning doesn’t seem to work. Does it work for anybody else not using outlook?

Thanks.

2. Shaker

Shaker Registered Member

I'm running Panda Platinum. I'm no expert, but this is how I tested Panda's e-mail detection. I shut down Panda Platinum's permanent protection first. I did this because when I downloaded the eicar.com file, Panda would detect it. After shutting down permanent detection, I downloaded and saved the eicar.com file to my desktop. I openned Outlook Express>New Mail. I dragged the eicar.com file to the new mail. I then tried to send it to myself. Panda cought it and wouldn't let me send it. Panda's e-mail protection works, but as long as you have the permanent protection on, you'rs safe. Hope that helps.

3. sard

sard Registered Member

Well I've tested Panda with Eudora and it works fine so there must be a compatibility problem between Panda and Thunderbird :(

4. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

I ve done the test with Outlook Express and Panda works.It moved to the quarantine several files.Also,in the options you might want to activate the scanning of compressed files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.