Panda AV 2009 beta for Win7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vijayind, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

http://www.pandasecurity.com/windows7/

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am sure that some editions of Windows 7 will require less to work

Attached Files:

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'd really like to see Win7 to run on 300MHz Pentium and Internet Explorer 6. Lol.
    IE6 is not even included in Win7...

4. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

5. vijayind

Panda has never been light, but the good thing is that they openly disclose that fact. Unlike some other vendors who claim their multi-engine scanners need only 256MB RAM and then bring even a 2GB system to a grinding halt !!

Panda also takes ages to complete a scan. So Panda 2010 has its work cut out. But thing about Panda Beta program is that they dole out discounts, gifts and other stuff to people who provide decent feedback. Even if you don't go on to buy Panda AV, its still refreshing.

6. vijayind

Liva La Cut'n'Paste :D

7. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

Those are just requirements for Panda itself, not for Windows 7.

8. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

1gb of memory? 256MB of free space? I think that Panda blames the excessive resource consumption on "TruPrevent", which forwards statisitcal data about a file to Panda servers, which look at the data and determine if the file is malicious/or not. However, that is still a little excessive for legacy users. I also don't see why a seemingly simple process would take so much resources.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

TruPrevent is their behaviour analysis .

It is quite excessive not only for legacy users but for any user . A Vista machine (Quad Core Intel processor , 2 Gb RAM) died with a trial of Panda 2009 Antivirus Pro - after reboot it was so slow and couldn't simply load for about 5 minutes . Open Task Manager (default settings) and count the processes ... The total Memory usage (private working set) was above 160 MB.

I was recenly also testing their business products (actually , I tried ... couldn't even install it properly) . The whole business pack - 400 MB . Panda AdminSecure and Panda Security for Desktops - the same disaster like the Consumer products .

Might sound like a joke or an anecdote but it is obvious that their products are extremely huge and I simply can't understand why . But I am happily reselling and supporing other products :D

10. gery

gery Registered Member

Protect us from our enemies:thumbd:

11. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

I tried Panda on my system; contary to popular belief and my previous judgements, it's ok-ish when it comes to speed. HTTP scanning was slow ... so I turned off the heruistics. Computer scan was about avg. Boot-up/login was about the same.

12. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Unfortunately, this is consistent. I worked for a while at a school that had old Windows 98 PC's with 64 mg ram and it was decided to install Panda AV on them. Basically, they became zombies. I will not try another Panda product until they see the light (as Symantec did) and create an efficient product like NIS 2009.

13. vijayind

I totally agree :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.