Panda Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

panda internet Security 2011 blocking blizzard= world of warcraft downlowader :thumbd: :'( :mad:

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Do you have a download link or MD5 to fix it?

3. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

A few AV's have been having FP\s with the downloader recently.

4. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

what U mean with download link?

u want downlowad liink for wow?

Ps i Have allowed wow on everthing on panda firewall but its still blocking will they fix it?

5. carat

carat Guest

I got this mail 5-10 times - I think it's time to put the panda team address on the spam filter list :gack:

6. m0unds

m0unds Guest

have you unsubscribed from their marketing emails? if so, have you contacted them to let them know something is awry?

7. carat

carat Guest

Where is the unsubscribe link? :'(

8. pbust

pbust AV Expert

I'll forward it internally to see what's going on. Sounds like a glitch if you're getting the same thing multiple times.

9. m0unds

m0unds Guest

the footer on every promo or other marketing email i've ever gotten from them has text that says (copying from a recent marketing email): If you don't want to receive further communication, click here.. with "click here" being an unsub link.

10. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

pbust i have a freind who literally just bought panda global 2009 it was a boxed version but he didnt realize panda didnt offer free updates to 2011. is there a way to update his lic or does he have to buy 2011. he just got it literally today.

thanks.. by the way so far so good on the systems im running it on. its on mostly the kids systems and def has caught a number of things. i do find it slows things down some though. its more of a slow feeling than maybe it really is but startup def is a bit slower and browsing, opening and unpacking files etc.. everything seems a bit slower. this is on a e5200 overclocked to 3.4 with 4gb of ram ati 4850 gpu (systems i built for the kids plenty fast for them). just wanted to post a update

11. m0unds

m0unds Guest

yeah, i've noticed similar performance(Phenom II x4 @ 4.2GHz w/8GB RAM) - chrome sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to actually start to load a page, sometimes it doesn't at all. if i exit out of is2011, it's fine.

also, i've noticed if i exit automatic protection in is2011 and then start it back up, the panda function service will chew cpu til you reboot.

i also hate that you can easily kill the AV processes with an elevated task manager.

12. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

When will panda drop a Beta or Major update?

13. go0omy

go0omy Registered Member

Dual display problem: when i open PIS 2011 on dual display configuration, its appear in middle center of both display (1/2 panda's window at first display and 1/2 at second display). This is not very useful.

14. jason_jiang

jason_jiang Registered Member

15. m0unds

m0unds Guest

if you've just installed IS2011, be sure you're fully updated before applying the iface.exe hotfix that jason linked. just about any major core updates will write right over the top of the patched exe and you'll revert back to having the UI spaced b/w both displays (and according to panda support there's no easy way to re-apply the hotfix once it's been applied).

if that ends up happening, the iface.zip file attached on that same thread can just be unzipped to your panda security directory, either replacing the existing one or renaming the old one and copying it there in safe mode.

(just an fyi, since i ran into this circular dance of hotfixing and repatching stuff)

16. jason_jiang

pbust, do you have a plan for releasing a major update? i mean a new installation package with hotfixes integrated.

17. go0omy

go0omy Registered Member

thank you :) And Happy New Year :)

18. cruchot

cruchot Registered Member

19. cruchot

cruchot Registered Member

I ask because Panda Antivirus Pro seems to make use of a cloud technology too. Do both products use the same cloud / cloud technology?

20. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

Yes They Use Same cloud

21. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

Is Panda related with Commtouch Software Inc.? Peerblock detect a connection to Commtouch Software Inc. after i install Panda IS 2011. should i alow this connection?

22. jason_jiang

the anti-spam module in PIS 2008 and later versions uses Commtouch's technology. you can allow it without risk.

23. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Will panda internet security work with comodo firewall and threatfire?

24. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No, since Panda (Internet Security) includes a firewall, wich means you would get 2 firewalls, one in the Panda Suite and then the one from Comodo.

But you could install Panda Antivirus Pro 2011 and keep the Comodo firewall.

25. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

just installed PIS 2011 and found slowdown browsing experiences o_O any thoughts guys or Pbust ? I am on XP Pro SP3 with MBAM Pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.