panda active scan pro version meg prob??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Wills, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I have been using the purchase version of Pandas Standalone Active Scan pro for several months now and have been very satisfied.
    It like House Call is stand alone and every once and awhile i would use it. The reason that I bought it is because the free version which both versions do is scan for viruses and malware has the exception of the purchased version disinfecting if it finds anything which on occasion it has.

There is no conflict with existing A/V proggy that one has running in the background and I have been motoring along for several months now fine.

Now no changes to my notebook, and all of a sudden at the time that Panda changed their URL without telling users the proggy quit.

What i mean to say is that after I entered my username, passwork and clicked Next nothing would open for me to start using the proggy.
    So i contacted Panda and they sent me a new Link, and now I get to put in my user name, passwork and Next and get either of the following errors:
    1. Server error in "/CSPANA' Application
    Exception of type System. Out of Memory Exception was thrown
    Version M$ . NET Framework Version 1.1.4322.2300
    or
    2. No Services

Our techie who is in house as I am a professioanl and there are a number of us, indicated that my notebook has no memory problem and that my M$ patches are current.

Panda keeps asking for more info and we have supplied it and the proggy simply does not work Coincidence maybe that it occurred when they changed URLo_O Being a Noob i don't know the implications.
    I thought that I would post and see if anyone else has experiences or info on this.
    Thankyou, as it is frustrating.

I also have their Tru Prevent Program which I uninstalled as it would not update properly and was causing my emails to get stuck when it did this. It would work for a couple of days and that is when Panda told me to uninstall it an reboot, but i don't have time to keep doing this and i don't believe the proggy should need that. If i don't update it and it won't manually either, then i keep getting this annoying pop up saying that the notebook is not safely protected with up to date virus signatures and a message in orange appears and tells me to update and it simply won't.
    Thus i uninstalled it.
    Panda said they are working on that proggy issue.
    They emphasize that there is no conflict with the existing A/V.

I am so frustrated with the $ i have paid and programs that now don't work, at least Active Scan Pro did for several months however Tru Prevent Personal never has since April.

I hope to get comments. Thankyou

2. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I also get this error message since about 1 week. So far no response/fix :doubt: . I will contact them again...

3. nicM

nicM nico-nico

not sure at all, but wouldn't it be because of the switch to Titanium 2006 ??. I guess they should be upgrading their on-line scanner, to fit with boxed products' new scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.