Pagefile error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jslavoie, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jslavoie

jslavoie Registered Member

I have some problems with my clone. I have a computer with 2 hdd (samething), and my OS is Windows 2000pro. When I cloned my hdd (in DOS), I have restarted with 1 hdd (the original) and it was impossible to log into my domain (Pagefile error). After I tried to use the second hdd but it was the same thing. Then, I booted with 2 hdd and all is OK ! What can I do to be able to use only one hdd ?

(I have checked if the pagefile.sys is present in drive d:, but the file had exist witk 0 kb)

JS

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jslavoie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe where exactly your pagefile is stored and what partitions you have on each hard disk? You need to set the pagefile on the partitions within the hard disk where your operating system is running.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jslavoie

jslavoie Registered Member

Ok, I have 2 disk. The first is my principal, and my second is only a backup copy if the first crash. The file pagefile.sys is in the 2 disks in c:\ and d:\. I think that the problem is that I booted with 2 drives at the same time (the first is c:\ and the second is actually d:\). The first time that I booted, the file pagefile.sys was created in d:\ but his size was 0k. In the drive c:\, I have the correct size for this file (300mb).

The problem is when I try to boot with only one disk, the pagefile error appear, and if I but with 2 disks at the same time, all is ok...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jslavoie,

Thank you for the clarification. Could you please boot with the first drive, right click on the "My Computer" and choose "Properties"? After that please click on the "Advanced" tab and press the "Settings" in "Performance" section. Choose "Advanced" tab, press "Change" button in "Virtual memory" section. Please set the page file to reside on C: drive only and set it to "System managed size". After that please click the "Set" button and close all windows by pressing "Ok" buttons. After that please reboot the computer, change BIOS sequence, boot with the other drive, and perform the same actions. After that you should be able to boot with any drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.